Save an extra 25% at Madewell with code: FALLBACK now until 11/17/14
Save 25% at J.Crew with code: SHOPNOW until 11/17/14
Save 20% at Bloomingdale’s with code: HOLIDAY until 11/16/14
Save 25% at Macy’s with code: GIFT until 11/16/14
Save 20% at JCPenney with code: SAVEBIG until 11/17/14
Save 25% at Kate Spade with code: BEMERRY until 11/17/14
Like I said, large crowds of rabid consumers frighten me. However, I do love getting a good deal. Therefore, Cyber Monday is right up my alley. I like to pride myself on being a pretty elite online shopper. I’d say my return rate (as in “WTF, why did I order this?”) is fairly low. So, in case you still have a little bit of cash left after throwing elbows on Black Friday, here are a few of my favorite things that you can scoop up from the safety of your own home…
One of my absolute favorite things in life is perfume. Fun fact: I put on perfume before bed (and I sleep alone) because I just love the way it smells. Atelier Cologne is some of the most beautiful smelling perfume on the planet and today, you can take advantage of a little extra something when you purchase a full size bottle. My go to is Vanille Insensee.
Shopping isn’t all about purchasing shoes and handbags. How is a lady to fit into her new leather leggings when she’s just lived off of pumpkin pie and hot toddies for an entire week. I can’t believe I’m actually giving away this little secret, but my favorite Pilates studio in Manhattan has quite the deal happening. Check out Chelsea Movements‘ The Perfect Ten deal.
You know what my favorite kind of party is? A panty party. Fortunately, Cosabella is offering 30% off on all their entire site. So, perhaps I won’t be sleeping alone too much longer!
And get yourself or your friends some holiday bling with 40% off on Gorjana Jewelry.
The cold weather in NY is sure to give you pink cheeks, but how about procuring some cheek stains just in case? … so let’s all just go ahead and stock up now at Tarte with a 25% discount!
No, I wasn’t absent from the internet yesterday because I was busy bashing in skulls in hopes of acquiring a fifty inch plasma to watch “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” I was busy digesting my Thanksgiving dinner… and that took a lot of hard work and concentration… or wine. To be quite clear, I find Black Friday to be all my worst nightmares and biggest fears combined. It’s kind of the same way I feel about fake handbags. I find it hard enough to shop busy stores on your average Tuesday, let alone when all the animals have been let out of their cages and taunted with raw meat. There are about a billion other things I’d rather do than fight over a cashmere scarf marked down 50%… ten of which are listed here. The only type of bargain shopping I will submit myself to are the deals that can be found behind the safety of my computer screen. That said, I didn’t figure it’d be in good taste to complain after my last post. So I’ve decided to be a bit charitable today and have found you ten places better to throw your hard earned money: small businesses and charities.
- Not sure where to start? Check out American Express for a list of retailers participating in Small Business Saturday.
- As obsessed with your dog/cat as I am with Smitty? Help out all the other furry little creatures by donating or volunteering with the ASPCA.
- Mikini Bikini is offering 10% off with code COLORFULFRIDAY at checkout.
- Got kids? Got siblings? Like kids? Stop human trafficking by supporting Children of the Night.
- Looking for something to do December 10th? Look no further. Buy your tickets for Charity Water’s Charity Ball right here.
- Speaking of kids… this one won’t even cost you any money. Become a Big Brother or Big Sister.
- If you’re in New York, Darling is offering 25% off purchases (and trust me, it lives up to the name).
- Another one for the kids: Petit Organics is offering 25% off all orders today!
- Shop Alex and Ani today and get 10% off of your entire purchase.
- Kill two birds with one click. Shop and support a great cause with rad apparel from TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms).
Now, if you’ll excuse me I have some pie to polish off.
Oh yes, it’s that time of year again. Not only is it time to crank up the heat and hibernate, it’s also time to spend money we may or may not have on gifts for people who may or may not appreciate them. I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Everyone with a soul appreciates a thoughtful and gracious gift. So, in the off chance that you do have any money left after Brown Thursday, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, it’s time to start WhyDid’s Holiday Gift Guides. I don’t mean to toot my own horn (beep beep) but I’m pretty great at gift giving. Is that something I can add to my resume?
Let’s start with the toughest on the list, shall we? There’s always that one person who has (or at least wants) everything. We all know someone like her. Hell, she may even be you. Why not please your fickle friend with something shiny? Something sparkly. Something so glamourous she couldn’t possibly turn up her perfect little nose at your offerings.
1. Bond No. 9 New York The Swarovski All Stars Quartet, $700, 2. Diane Kordas Black Diamond Embellished 18K Rose Gold Bracelet, $810, 3. Kiki de Montparnasse Fucking Beautiful Ring, $950, 4. Kiki de Montparnasse Je T’aime Ring, $895, 5. D.L. & Co. Black Dahlia Candle, $75, 6. Kara Ross Prunella Glitter Envelope Clutch, $650, 7. NARS Arabian Nights Trio Eyeshadow, $45, 8. Miu Miu Jewel Heel Glitter Platform Sandal, $990, 9. Tarte The Starlet Limited Edition Makeup Vanity, $52
Phew! Check her off the list.
While many of us are busy stocking the refrigerator and planning out tomorrow’s menu, there are others out there who are plotting a different kind of game plan. That’s right I’m talking about you crazy kids who take part in a little something called Black Friday. While I would sooner die than try and take on the madness (check out 10 things I’d rather be doing), it’s a tradition for some and well, it’s good for the economy.
Good luck out there, kiddos. And jut remember, it’s all fun and games til someone loses an eye.