No, I wasn’t absent from the internet yesterday because I was busy bashing in skulls in hopes of acquiring a fifty inch plasma to watch “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” I was busy digesting my Thanksgiving dinner… and that took a lot of hard work and concentration… or wine. To be quite clear, I find Black Friday to be all my worst nightmares and biggest fears combined. It’s kind of the same way I feel about fake handbags. I find it hard enough to shop busy stores on your average Tuesday, let alone when all the animals have been let out of their cages and taunted with raw meat. There are about a billion other things I’d rather do than fight over a cashmere scarf marked down 50%… ten of which are listed here. The only type of bargain shopping I will submit myself to are the deals that can be found behind the safety of my computer screen. That said, I didn’t figure it’d be in good taste to complain after my last post. So I’ve decided to be a bit charitable today and have found you ten places better to throw your hard earned money: small businesses and charities.
- Not sure where to start? Check out American Express for a list of retailers participating in Small Business Saturday.
- As obsessed with your dog/cat as I am with Smitty? Help out all the other furry little creatures by donating or volunteering with the ASPCA.
- Mikini Bikini is offering 10% off with code COLORFULFRIDAY at checkout.
- Got kids? Got siblings? Like kids? Stop human trafficking by supporting Children of the Night.
- Looking for something to do December 10th? Look no further. Buy your tickets for Charity Water’s Charity Ball right here.
- Speaking of kids… this one won’t even cost you any money. Become a Big Brother or Big Sister.
- If you’re in New York, Darling is offering 25% off purchases (and trust me, it lives up to the name).
- Another one for the kids: Petit Organics is offering 25% off all orders today!
- Shop Alex and Ani today and get 10% off of your entire purchase.
- Kill two birds with one click. Shop and support a great cause with rad apparel from TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms).
Now, if you’ll excuse me I have some pie to polish off.
Leave A Comment