You know how at the end of the year we’re bombarded with all those obnoxious “best of’s” and “top moments of” countdowns? Well, it’s your lucky day, ’cause I’ve gone ahead and jumped right onto that bandwagon and I’m about to give you my very own “Best of WhyDid 2012” countdown. It’s always hard to pick your own favorites– not because I’m partial, but actually because I’m my own worst critic. I’ve selected thirteen (to stay in theme with the upcoming year– I didn’t forget how to count) of my favorites and hopefully some of your favorites as well. For those of you just now tuning in (shame on you), you’re welcome, here’re the highlights of what you missed and next time get here on time. It’s rude to be tardy:
- Well, I started off the year on the right coast at least.
- You can take the girl out of the city… but… well, you know the rest.
- I found my new favorite photographer.
- You don’t need great buns for a top notch top knot (but I can get ya great buns too).
- Might not have been named the “color of the year” but my favorite beverage (and hue) finally got some airtime.
- Oh, but wait, I called it.
- “I knew I had fallen in love with Lolita forever; but I also knew she would not be forever Lolita.” Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita
- Wedge sneakers are stupid, okay?
- I’m sure Solange never saw this one coming…
- I fixed my eyebrows. Everyone happy now?
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish: Would you rather be a big fish in a little pond or little fish in a big pond?
- We tried to find a little bit of “truth” in advertising.
- And decided that it was finally time to start shining.
While not everything could make the list, it was good to revisit a few of my posts that I may need to print out and glue to my refrigerator as reminders. What were your favorites? What made your 2012?
Leave A Comment