Anna Camp in Emilio Pucci, Nelly, JWow
If you weren’t wearing leather or a crop top last night, you weren’t at the Teen Choice Awards. Yes, apparently award season has begun, yet again (did it ever end?), starting off with this year’s Teen Choice Awards. I didn’t actually watch it because, A). I didn’t even know it was happening and B). I was busy holding court on my rooftop with my newlywed best friend and her happy husband. However, I do love a red carpet recap, so I have taken the liberty of sorting through some of last night’s looks for your viewing pleasure (or displeasure).
Don’t worry, I don’t know who half of these people are either. I’d most likely have more luck identifying rare South American rainforest fauna. Yet, I don’t struggle in the least when it comes to spotting the good, the green, and the obscenely ridiculous looks of the red carpet. Whether you love or loathe crop tops- they’re happening and though it may still be mid-summer, you’d be better off looking for a pair of leather pants (and potentially bra top) for fall. Green in all hues was the color of the carpet though it didn’t necessarily result in envy. Nelly, Sandra, and Kerry may have been the only attendees over the age of 30, but these teen queens are all but bursting at the seams to show off their fashion chops pushing all boundaries. (more…)
If you weren’t watching The Bachelorette finale last night, it was obviously only because you were watching this year’s Teen Choice Awards. Known to be the more squeaky clean of award shows, Hollywood’s youngest stars came out in droves in hopes of collecting that shiny surfboard. Well, I don’t really care too much who wins what, I’m really just focused on who wore what. What came to my attention as I gathered images for this recap was that while some of Hollywood’s hottest looked downright adorable, perhaps others were taking that whole wholesome look to extremes. It would appear some of the ladies were channeling their favorite childhood characters. (To be fair, I had to Google 89% of these people. I guess that’s what happens when you are middle aged).
If you didn’t know who these were, you’re too young to be reading this…
Sunday night Hollywood’s hottest headed to the 2011 Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles. While this isn’t quite the Met Costume Gala and may be frowned upon by the fashion elite, I always like seeing the fresh young faces in more casual, carefree attire. This year, the stunning starlets certainly did not disappoint. Below are a few of my favorite looks. I’ve recreated each to show you that looking red carpet ready is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Blake Lively in Gucci, Christian Louboutin, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels
1. Boulee Serena Dress, $209, 2. Ivanka Trump Pinkette Leopard Pumps, $135, 3. House of Harlow 1960 Gold Triangle Drop Earrings, $100
Nina Dobrev in D&G (dress and clutch), Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, jewelry by Ippolita
1. Paul & Joe Sister Gingham Bandeau Dress, $193.94, 2. Nine West Glowing Platform Pump, $89, 3. Poppie Jones Mini Turnlock Clutch, $19.95
Lucy Hale in Giuseppe Zanotti wedges
1. Rebecca Minkoff Claudia Dress, $129.99, 2. Alexander Mc Queen Suede Finned Wedge, $1,050, 3. Kora Black Horn Inlay Ring, $145
Photos via Just Jared
Another week, another list. Let’s go.
- People who put “haha” after their own jokes. If you have to laugh at your own joke, you already know it’s not funny.
- White people using “holla.” The only type of “holla” we know about should be “challah French toast.”
- Boys over the age of 22 with roommates.
- Day old sushi.
- Search helicopters in my backyard. I’m trying to sleep, thanks. Wasn’t looking to be on an episode of COPS tonight.
- Jennifer Anniston. How is it possible that she’s still making headlines? Hasn’t been in a good movie in ages and last time I checked, she and Brad were no longer together.
- The Teen Choice Awards. I mean, there’s a reason you have to be 18 to vote. You guys clearly have no taste in movies… ahem, Valentine’s Day.
- Sunglasses clipped to your shirt at night. It’s dark out. I thought we talked about this. Sigh.
Have a great weekend.