Another one of my favorite “all in one” outfits is the jumpsuit; a very close cousin of the romper. While you may equate the jumpsuit to the disco queens of the 70’s or the Angela Bowers of the 80’s, the jumpsuit is actually being made quite current by the A-list of the red carpet. The jumpsuit started its reemergence last year, and I “jumped” right on that trend (couldn’t help it). This look can be both casual (see my favorite American Apparel version here) and incredibly glamorous (remember when Rose Byrne first wore one to the SAG Awards?). So, whether you choose to wear yours with flats for Sunday brunch or heels for Saturday night fever, this trend is sure to leave you looking anything but out of style.
1. Sparkle & Fade Open Back Jumper, $59, 2. Smith Tie Dye Jumper, $79, 3. Day Birger et Mikkelsen Ofelia Pleated Chiffon Jumpsuit, $250, 4. Kimchi Blue Crochet Jumper, $99, 5. Forever21 Elasticized Abstract Print Jumpsuit, $24.80, 6. Coincidence & Chance Gaucho Jumper, $49, 7. Sandro Preference Crepe Jumpsuit, $340, 8. ALICE by Temperley Lavender Jumpsuit, $450, 9. Free People Solid and Lace Jumpsuit, $328, 10.Edith A. Miller Maryam Jumpsuit, $330
Make ya wanna jump, jump!
Um, so first and foremost, I’m going to pose the question: When is the last time MTV actually even played a music video? Do people still make videos? Why? Seems like a whole lot of money to dump into something that has zero return rate, no? Kinda like a first wife.
Anyway, I’m not going to even bother with any type of fashion recap, cause quite honestly, it was all wretched and I don’t want to suffer through it for a second time. It’s bad enough that MTV will now continuously replay the VMA’s for a solid two an a half weeks. So, in case you missed it (and you miss it for the next 465 times they play it), here’s all you need to know:
- Eminem is the smartest man on the planet. Demand that you open the show. Collect your money. Get the eff out of there.
- No one felt like actually singing last night (minus Usher and Taylor Swift). Lip synching is the new black.
- Lady Gaga is still a freak.
- Chelsea Handler (god lover her) needed more vodka. I was almost as uncomfortable watching her as she was delivering her punchlines.
- Taylor Swift and Kanye apparently still aren’t over it.
- It seems hair streaks are coming back in “style.”
- Justin Bieber is going to be a huge dickhead in two years.
- Rihanna still looks like a muppet.
- Speaking of muppets, Lindsay Lohan stopped by.
- I need to watch more TV, cause I didn’t know who half the people on my screen were.
- MTV probably needs to start playing more music videos or stop having the VMA’s. One or the other.
- It would appear that Pharrell drives a Chevy.
- There’s only one way to tell the difference between Justin Bieber and Hilary Swank
- EVERYONE has a British accent.
- Jared Leto is channeling Ellen Degeneres.
- Taylor lost her shoes. Oops.
- Kanye does not grasp the concept of irony.
And there you have it folks. Nothing to see here. Keep the line moving.