It has come to my attention that there are two very distinct times of year when a lot of hearts are broken and left shattered. One of those times would be late spring, heading into summer- which is quite self explanatory (um, bikini clad beach babes?). The other is right around this time of year during the holidays. One would think that as the temperatures drop, you’d want a warm body to keep you company, but when you think about it, the holidays put quite a bit of pressure on relationships. There are presents to be bought, families to be met, and trips to be taken. During the make or break time in fledgling relationships, some will flourish while others will fail. Don’t count your tears though… count the dollars you’ll be saving by not buying that bum a gift!
While some studies suggest a good cry isn’t healthy, I like to wallow in my pain. So if you’re an emotional cutter like me, here’s a playlist that will help you do just that.
Check out time is noon.
When I tire of listening to the same playlist over and over and over…. and. Well, you see where I’m headed. I turn to my dear friend, Katie (who, if you will recall, guest “dj’ed” before). She poo poo’s my Christina and Bruno and pulls me out from my teenage pop abyss. I mean, that’s what friends are for, right? Listen, Katie knows her music– so, if anyone’s looking for an A&R, this is the girl. Anyway, I asked Katie to please, please, please make me a playlist that wouldn’t make someone over the age of 16 cringe and she put together this little party:
Oh, Katie… just climbing her way to the top of the charts.
I was going to go ahead and continue the West Virginia theme for this weekend’s playlist, but realized that a Labor Day playlist might be much more suited. We all work very hard, so it’s great to finally take a moment and just relax. So enjoy that extended weekend cause you probably won’t catch another day off til Thanksgiving.
- The Beatles – Hard Days Night
- Donna Summers – She Works Hard For the Money
- Todd Rundgren – Bang the Drum All Day
- Ludacris – Moneymaker
- Barrett Strong – Money (That’s What I Want)
- Bruno Mars – Lazy Song
- The Offspring – Why Don’t You Get a Job
- Calloway – I Wanna Be Rich
- AC/DC – What Do You Do For Money Honey
- Notorious B.I.G. – Mo Money Mo Problems
I would tell you to go ahead and put your feet up… but it’s time to dance!
Wait a second… You. just. wait. one. second. Did Brad and Angelina adopt another child without us knowing it? No? So, you mean to tell me that Maddox is not responsible for smash hits like Grenade and The Lazy Song? Hmmph. Bruno Mars, you got the short end of the stick.
Remember the monthly gift that doesn’t suck? Well this week’s list is more like the one that does suck. Sure there are plenty of perks to being a girl, but that certainly is not one of them.
- People who use ten dollar words but probably have no idea what they mean.
- Kris Humphries. Is he for real?
- Guys who wear winter hats at the beach. I’m confused. You must be too.
- Our government. Can we just press “refresh” and start over? Cause I’m fairly certain no one knows what they’re doing.
- Un-manicured palm trees. And on a side note- I know palm trees are “symbolic” of California, but there’s only one type that’s indigenous. The rest are all “decorative.”
- People who think they “discovered” someone. Just stop it. You did not discover Bruno Mars. Next thing you know you’ll be telling me you discovered Abraham Lincoln too.
- Shin splints.
- Dianna Agron’s new ‘do. I keep waiting to hear, “for her upcoming role in…”
- Planking. Are we done with this yet?
- The person who stole our hose. First of all, who steals a hose? Secondly, I hope you are at least putting it to good use- like a slip n’ slide.