We all get a little busy from time to time, whether it be with our jobs, or personal lives, or episodes of Real Housewives (there’s like three on at once!), but that’s no excuse for being completely oblivious to the what’s going on out in the “real world” (no, not the reality show). Here are a few headlines from the news to keep you in the know.
Now go spend some money and stimulate the economy.
So sorry. Took a little nap yesterday. Okay, maybe just a drive down south to Boca. Either way, it did inhibit my blogging capabilities. The iPhone can do a lot of things, but posting on WordPress via my phone, is a bit tricky. Luckily, I’m here to catch you up on the latest and greatest in what’s happening in the world outside of your cubicle.
- So, J.Lo will be debuting her new single via Twitter. Whatever happened to MTV? [Mashable]
- Oh, here’s something to shock and awe you. Kanye West has pissed someone off with his newest single, “I Don’t Like.” [Huffington Post]
- Speaking of being pissed off… Uh, did you know that neon nail polish is actually illegal in the US? Well, it is and here’s why. [Racked]
- This mom would apparently like her daughter to be neon. Or at least somewhat radioactive. [Gawker]
- The skin is your largest organ. Are you an organ donor? Facebook aims to spread awareness around organ donation with new timeline feature. [Wired]
- What about these leaked pics of the Facebook Messenger app for the iPad? [Mashable]
- More of a Skype fan? Well, you should probably read about this security flaw from 2010 that was conveniently overlooked. [WSJ]
- Does anyone actually still use a Blackberry? Oh, you do? Sorry. So what do you think about RIM’s keyboardless BlackBerry 10? [Bloomberg]
- I know what you’re all thinking, “WhyDid, why don’t you have a book yet?” Well, thanks to this next generation publishing platform, it may become a whole lot easier for blogs to transform into books. [TechCrunch]
- Not a blogger, but maybe you have dreams of being the next Lady Gaga? Well, TalentSplash is here to help you out with that. [TechCrunch]
- After you’ve become totally famous, you might be curious as to who’s been Googling you. This new website has the answers… [Mashable]
- Knowing who’s Googling may prompt you to want to hide some of your social postings. Scrambls can help you out with that. [The Wall]
- And on the flipside of that, you may be wanting to translate some of your emails. Gmail has a new feature to allow you to do that. [Huffington Post]
- And since I’ll be bidding Florida adieu this afternoon, how about 10 tech innovations that have streamlined flying? Btw, when is that whole teleporter thing happening? [Mashable]
Until next time.
image via Funny Chill
It’s funny, one of the first things I do in the morning (other than open my eyes) is look at my phone. I mean, I need to see what I missed during those seven to eight hours of sleep. Is the internet still there? Are you still out there, world??
image via Tsunami Publicity
I love animals. I could spend hours upon hours watching cute animal videos on YouTube. I have even been told that I should probably just be dropped off at a farm or petting zoo and stay there. And if Fido shared my love for Fendi, I’d say that’s probably true.
It’s a hairy scary world out there.
image via Beautiful You
I know you guys love my writing (yammering), but it seems we are a generation that is totally enraptured with photos. And well, like they say, pictures are worth a thousand words. So, it’s no wonder that we spend a lot of time on our phones and computers uploading and “liking” photos.
image via TechCrunch