I hope everyone has a nice base tan and a fruity cocktail because now it’s time to pack for your trip! Here are 10 tips to stress free packing. Why should you listen to me you ask? Oh – maybe because upon checking my bag on my last trip, I hit the 50.0lbs mark on the scale. Yes, 50.0 exactly. That, my friends, is good packing. Much to my disappointment, balloons did not fall from the sky and I did not receive a free upgrade to first class. Obviously the system is flawed, but that’s no reason to give up on the perfect pack job.
1. Lay out everything you’re going to bring on your trip before you start packing
2. Roll your clothes to allow more room in your suitcase and to prevent wrinkles. Roll more than one item together to create extra space
3. Get creative – stuff shoes with phone chargers, cords, socks, belts, etc.
4. Place your shoes on the bottom. Pair your shoes so that the heel of one aligns with the toe of another
5. Always place heavier items such as jeans on the top to help keep all other items in place
6. Never place breakable items in the outside pockets of your suitcase since your bag will be thrown around like a hot potato by airline employees
7. If you have rolling luggage, lay your liquid contents (in a ziplock bag) so that when you are pulling your bag, the bottles are sitting upright
8. Pack essentials like toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup, medication and documents in your carry-on bag. You never know where you could end up!
9. Leave some room – who knows what you may need to bring home with you…
10. Because each airline is different, please go online and check your airline’s bag policy. Thank you.