If diamonds are a girl’s best friend, then rose gold, smokey quartz, and morganite are her inner circle. When TenGems, a luxury jewelry e-tailer, asked if I’d like to curate a collection for them, I was more than happy to oblige. Offering designer jewels from brands including Ippolita, Roberto Coin, and Baume & Mercier at 30-75% off of retail prices on a daily basis, you don’t have to wait around for the holidays to treat yourself (though now might be a good time to start your shopping). Easy returns and free shipping are all the more reason to stock up on sparkling accessories to wear during gala season. Below are a few of my favorites:
Roberto Coin Ipanema Smokey Quartz Earrings, Paige Novick Natalie Stingray Cuff, Eddie Borgo Pave Wing Open Work Hinged Ring
And you can shop the rest of of my picks (it was honestly very hard to choose) right here.
With Mother’s Day being this Sunday, it’s probably time to online shop for someone other than yourself. While breakfast in bed and a card with the outline of your hand drawn in crayon may have passed as an angsty pre-teen, it’s time to step your game up. Basically, it boils down to buying mom something you know she probably wants, but wouldn’t dare ask for because that’s what moms do. So, think about something indulgent, something she’s mentioned, or something you’ve seen her longingly look at. I mean, she’s going to like the fact that you even remembered most, but picking out something other than a footbath wouldn’t hurt.
1. Madeleine Thompson Cashmere Nightdress, 2. Ippolita Pavé Diamond and Blackened Sterling Silver Number Charm, 3. Giorgio Armani Saffiano Zip Around Wallet, 4. Burberry Carolina Pebble Grain Leather Diaper Bag, 5. Anya Hindmarch Take Off/Touch Down Bag, 6. Butterscotch Blankees Personalized Block Blanket, 7. Jo Malone London Trousseau Box, 8. Eberjey Millie Lace Trimmed Jersey Robe
The one garnish certain to undoubtedly make a drink that much more chic with each clink of the glass is one that you bring to the party yourself. No, you aren’t going to tote a jar of bleu cheese stuffed olives in your Prada to the next party. This garnish is right at your fingertips… well, really just your fingers. The fastest way to add extra bling is by slipping on a cocktail ring while sipping on a cocktail or two. Originally made popular during the prohibition era as a kind of flamboyant “eff you”, the cocktail ring later became popular with single ladies who wore giant jewels on their right ring fingers as a sign of independence. Being a woman looking forward to planting a kiss on no one other than her pooch this year, I like the idea of a cocktail ring in that context. But whether you’re single or attached, there’s nothing wrong with adding an extra rock for cocktail hour.
1. Bijoux Heart La Terr D’Or Gold Plated Swarovski Crystal Ring, 2. Elizabeth and James Northern Star Cabochon Ring, 3. IPPOLITA Mother of Pearl Clear Quartz and Sterling Ring, 4. Gemma Redux Mood Ring, 5. Vanessa Mooney The Purple Haze Ring, 6. Anita Ko 18 Karat Gold Diamond Ring, 7. Kelly Wearstler Myra Ring, 8. Scott Kay Recessed Cross Ring, 9. Maison Martin Margiela Double Faux Diamond Ring, 10. AERIN Erickson Beamon Gemstone Cocktail Ring, 11. Alexis Bittar Mirrored Citrine Ring, 12. Gurhan Pandora Hammered 24 Karat Gold Amethyst Ring, 13. Monserat De Lucca Drunk Sober Ring, 14. Jade Jagger Diamond Disco Ball Ring, 15. Jacquie Aiche Moonstone Diamond and 14 Karat Rose Gold Ring, 16. Lanvin Borneo Gunmetal Tone Swarovski Crystal Ring
I love birthdays. I love them the way most normal people love Christmas or Thanksgiving. Not only do I love celebrating mine, but I also love celebrating those of others. Perhaps it’s because it is one special day that is all yours (except that you share it with 19,178,082 on average…) or perhaps it is one great excuse to corral all of your nearest and dearest into one room to have a good time and catch up. Who can say “no” to a birthday invite?
When I look back on birthdays past (minus last year), they are some of my most treasured moments. Even though some of the people in the pictures have changed year after year and some have remained consistent, I smile when I think about those fun filled days and nights and am so thankful to have another day on this planet. Plus, I really like cake. And presents. Speaking of which, have you picked out mine yet? Three day shipping should get it here by Friday, FYI. (Let me know if you need my shipping address).
Ippolita Disc 18 karat Gold Diamond Drop Earrings, $5,000, Jimmy Choo Rob Pruitt Cayla Embellished Patent Leather Clutch, $1,350, Sophia Webster Lana Embellished PVC and Suede Sandals, $535, Kiki De Montparnasse Chantilly Lace Bra, $350 and Chantilly Lace Thong, $225
So, what does every girl need to make her feel special on her birthday other than friends and cake? In my expert opinion, once you’ve secured your birthday frock, a little bling, some killer shoes, shiny clutch, and perfect underpinnings are precisely what you need to get the party started and keep it going.
And a pony wouldn’t hurt.
Sunday night Hollywood’s hottest headed to the 2011 Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles. While this isn’t quite the Met Costume Gala and may be frowned upon by the fashion elite, I always like seeing the fresh young faces in more casual, carefree attire. This year, the stunning starlets certainly did not disappoint. Below are a few of my favorite looks. I’ve recreated each to show you that looking red carpet ready is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Blake Lively in Gucci, Christian Louboutin, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels
1. Boulee Serena Dress, $209, 2. Ivanka Trump Pinkette Leopard Pumps, $135, 3. House of Harlow 1960 Gold Triangle Drop Earrings, $100
Nina Dobrev in D&G (dress and clutch), Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, jewelry by Ippolita
1. Paul & Joe Sister Gingham Bandeau Dress, $193.94, 2. Nine West Glowing Platform Pump, $89, 3. Poppie Jones Mini Turnlock Clutch, $19.95
Lucy Hale in Giuseppe Zanotti wedges
1. Rebecca Minkoff Claudia Dress, $129.99, 2. Alexander Mc Queen Suede Finned Wedge, $1,050, 3. Kora Black Horn Inlay Ring, $145
Photos via Just Jared