I knew I’d eventually be reminded what the perks of living on the West Coast were. This week was that time. With temperatures in the pre-teens and a beast of a flu running rampant, I started to reassess my living situation (don’t worry, it’ll only last a week or so– it’s the flu talking). I’ve been radio silent for the last couple of days because I’ve basically only made it out of bed to let my dog out and make another NyQuil cocktail. So, even though influenza has become the “trendy excuse” for a brush off, I’m not really blowing you off, I’m actually sick.
- Having the flu and being stuck in bed with nothing to do.
- People bailing last minute on your birthday.
- Below freezing temperatures. When I can feel the bones in my face freezing, it’s too cold. Looks like Kanye found a cure.
- Public urination. I’m not talking about bums or campfires. I’m talking about the young lady in a sequin skirt who couldn’t hold it til she got home.
- People who think your dreams are crazy.
- People who are crazy enough to believe in their dreams.
- Having the people who matter celebrate your birthday with you.
- An apple cutter/corer/wedger. Seriously, never an excuse to not eat an apple a day with one of these guys (mine’s a turtle).
- Having a dog for a live-in feet warmer (especially when you’re sick).
- Having the flu and not needing to make any excuses for not getting out of bed.
How many calories do you think coughing burns?