Okay, so I’m no Martha Stewart, but I do know how to keep a happy and functional home. I also do enjoy baking and cooking (baking more than cooking). There is also something to be said about a woman who can cook and look good while she does so. I know we think it’s hilarious that Carrie Bradshaw used her oven to store sweaters, but today’s “modern girl” can do it all… and that includes whipping up a gourmet meal.
You don’t need every fancy appliance under the sun to make your kitchen run more smoothly, but there are a few gadgets that may very well change your life (or at least make you more efficient when it comes to the kitchen).
- Crock Pot 5 Quart Stainless Steel Slow Cooker, $41 – A crock pot is the lazy girl’s dream appliance. Basically you could throw just about anything in in the morning and come home to a delicious meal. It does the work for you and do you know how many amazing recipes there are?
- As Seen On TV, Eggies, $9.99 – Okay, I must admit I fell for something I saw on TV. Hey, at least it’s not Pajama Jeans. These will blow your mind if you enjoy hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, or egg salad.
- KitchenAid Apple Wedger, $10.29 – I love apples, but I hate biting into them (creeps me out) and I find cutting them can be cumbersome (Okay, fine. I can’t be trusted with sharp objects). This little guy slices and apple right up in one swift move. No more excuses when it comes to making yourself a healthy snack.
- Wusthof Kitchen Shears, $19.99 – My mom scolded me for years for not having a “proper” pair of kitchen shears. Theses babies can do everything from cut meat to trim flower stems.
- Rabbit by Metrokane Zippity Rabbit Wine Opener, $79.99 – Alright, alright… the kitchen doesn’t have to be all business. This wine opener is the best thing going. When you have company, there’s nothing worse than fighting with a rogue cork. The rabbit (not that rabbit) will have you in and out in no time. [insert dirty joke here].
A functional kitchen is a happy kitchen.
Leave A Comment