It may now be known as the infamous location of Lilo’s Tweet about failing her drug test, but Magnolia was worth stopping by well before LoLo got hammered. With the original location in the heart of Hollywood, it’s the perfect place to people watch in the evenings. Or for a more secluded moment, take a seat out on the back deck. I was excited to see a second location in DTLA for a much more chill atmosphere.
Upon arrival at Magnolia, you must order a Grape Collins (unless, of course, you’re wearing your SCRAM bracelet). It is a perfectly refreshing mixture of muddled grapes and deliciousness.
After a quick toast to good company, go ahead and be sure to order the tuna tartare. It’s something I’d like to call lifechanging. Piled atop a fresh avocado, the tuna is super fresh and seasoned just enough. If you’re not much for seafood, the macaroni and cheese is a surefire hit. The herb roasted organic chicken and the marinated skirt steak are both home runs in the entree department (although the the brussels sprouts steal the show in my opinion).
Oh… and as if you even have any room left… there’s the mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich to top things off.
6266 1/2 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
825 W. James M. Wood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015
So what’s a girl to wear to dine at Magnolia? If you can’t beat em, join em:
Wildfox Couture Witchcraft Tee, $78
6126 by Lindsay Lohan Lily Lace Stretch Legging, $66
House of Harlow 1960 Leslie Square Toe Platform Booties, $275
Stella Mc Cartney Studded Eco Suede Shopper, $1695
Oh, my loves. I didn’t forget about you yesterday. However, I apparently booked a one way ticket to Planet Suck and had no time to post any of my witty and brilliant banter for you to read while pretending to be productive at work. No worries, I worked it out with my travel agent and am back to the real world.
Anyhow, because you may have felt neglected yesterday, here is a little mindless fodder for you.
Here’s a photo of Lindsay Lohan launching her legging line (6126) at Henri Bendel earlier this year. Her hair looks like a throwback to Splash while her “leggings” look like she ran into Edward Scissor Hands on her way to the event. Fun fact: did you know that Lindsay’s legging line has a pair called “Mr. President” with quilted knee pads? Classy. (more…)
Now it’s time to discuss one of my favorite topics… leggings. Leggings are the new sweatpants, the new Juicy tracksuit. (Thank god). Anyway, while leggings are a much more chic way to stay comfortable, it has come to my attention that many people abuse the right to wear leggings. Below I will walk you through some of the Do’s and Don’ts of leggings:
- Leggings are NOT pants. If they don’t have pockets and they don’t have a fly, they are not pants. Please cover your hoo-ha when wearing leggings.
- White leggings will never fly unless you are a ballerina or dressed in costume and even then, this is treacherous territory.
- Please stop wearing leggings with open toe pumps. All this makes me think of is the Meatpacking District on a Saturday night.
- Black is always best. Avoid bright colors unless you are 5’10, 110lbs.
- Just because Lindsay says it’s cool, doesn’t always mean it is.http://www.lohangroupie.com/6126-leggings-by-lindsay-lohan-now-available/
- Lastly, and most importantly, let’s face it… not every trend is meant for every person. Be honest with yourself, if it doesn’t look good, skip it.
Shirt is too short. Would be a cute look with the sneakers if she covered her snatch.
No. No, no, no!
This is an appropriate length for a top worn with leggings. I prefer a boot, but flats work as well.
Now go put some pants on.