Now it’s time to discuss one of my favorite topics… leggings. Leggings are the new sweatpants, the new Juicy tracksuit. (Thank god). Anyway, while leggings are a much more chic way to stay comfortable, it has come to my attention that many people abuse the right to wear leggings. Below I will walk you through some of the Do’s and Don’ts of leggings:
- Leggings are NOT pants. If they don’t have pockets and they don’t have a fly, they are not pants. Please cover your hoo-ha when wearing leggings.
- White leggings will never fly unless you are a ballerina or dressed in costume and even then, this is treacherous territory.
- Please stop wearing leggings with open toe pumps. All this makes me think of is the Meatpacking District on a Saturday night.
- Black is always best. Avoid bright colors unless you are 5’10, 110lbs.
- Just because Lindsay says it’s cool, doesn’t always mean it is.http://www.lohangroupie.com/6126-leggings-by-lindsay-lohan-now-available/
- Lastly, and most importantly, let’s face it… not every trend is meant for every person. Be honest with yourself, if it doesn’t look good, skip it.