In case you’re just tuning in (or don’t follow me on Instagram), I have been away for the week. I was becoming a creature of habit and starting to meld into the concrete jungle I call home. After two failed attempts at heading north with a man friend, I finally relented and spent five days meandering from Boston to Ogunquit to Gloucester and back to Newport. Leaving the city with your love interest can be a bit scary and incredibly enlightening. They say you really get to know someone, for better or worse, while on vacation. Well, not only did I learn a few things about my travel buddy, I learned a few things about myself and better travel practices while taking in some truly breathtaking scenery.
- Don’t you dare bother buckling your seatbelt before resolving any outstanding relationship issues.
- Definitely don’t dare drink any alcoholic beverages with any of those said outstanding issues.
- Buy a car phone charger.
- Learn to use your iPhone map.
- You really don’t need three different iterations of the same shorts.
- Expect the unexpected.
- Get off your phone and leave work at home.
- Find the lobby bathroom.
- Forget about your diet and indulge in local delicacies.
- Chill the eff out and allow yourself to actually have fun.