I think it’s pretty clear how I feel about leggings worn as pants, but there are more things in the world that disturb me nearly as much. Here’s the top ten:
- True Religion jeans. No need to explain again.
- Rude men. I don’t like rude people in general, but a rude man is the worst. What happened to being a gentleman?
- Blowing your nose in public. There is a girl who sits near my desk at work and she has been blowing her nose continuously for the past two weeks. It’s taken everything in me not to just spazz out, especially when she ate tuna fish for lunch the other day.
- Know it alls. You don’t know everything. Shut up.
- Dried apples. Had a bad experience as a five year old. Have never quite recovered.
- Logo handbags/clothing/etc. It’s so passe, especially during a recession. We get it, you have a Fendi bag.I won’t lie, I own a Louis Vuitton bag, but I couldn’t tell you the last time I carried it. I try not to be a walking advertisement. I prefer the understated. *Note: this rule goes out the window if your logo bag happens to be awesome and vintage. That’s the only time it’s cool.
- Liars. Maybe it is because I have the guiltiest conscience in the world and probably couldn’t tell a lie to save my life, but I really have a hard time understanding why people lie. The truth hurts, but it also sets you free.
- Fake tans, fake nails, fake hair. Gross, gross, grossest. By fake tan, I do mean tanning beds. I also mean poorly done self tanners. Cancer and wrinkles aren’t sexy and neither is looking like a tangerine. I don’t even know where to begin with fake nails and as far as fake hair, do you want to look like you have the same hairdresser as a Barbie doll?
- Catty, bitchy, jealous girls and cougars. I have no time for petty girls/women who lack self confidence. Please do not take out your insecurities on women who clearly have it going on. Not our fault you don’t feel good about yourself. Get a hobby. That’s a good place to start.
- Pilling sweaters. I hate those little nerd balls. They never go away, do they?
So there you have it. Things that ruffle my feathers almost as much as wearing leggings as pants (I’m sure I’ll think of more). I realize I have just made myself incredibly vulnerable to people coming up to me and blowing their noses while wearing True Religions, but feels good to vent. Send in some of your very least favorite things.