When I met Leila, I liked her immediately. She’s warm, funny, and genuine. A lot like her brand, Silly Lips. Last weekend, I was lucky enough to assist styling at the Silly Lips photoshoot with photographer extraordinaire, Aaron Katen. All of the Silly Lips girls were so fun to be around and it was a pleasure getting to see the girls in action (and living up to their monikers). Find out a little bit more about Leila and fall in love with her too!
Name: Leila Larsen
Wearing: Aryn K blouse, Genetic Denim jeans, Forever 21 wedges, accessories from Zou Zou Boutique
Occupation: Owner/President of Silly Brand, LLC (silly lips lip balm)
Hometown/Current Town: Memphis, TN / Orlando, FL
1. I would describe my style as: Girlie but laid back… I would say it’s simple- spiced up with accessories. I am kinda obsessed with bracelets.
2. I can’t leave the house without: My evil-eye. If I’m not wearing it, I have one tucked away in my purse at all times… and of course some Silly Lips balm!
3. Based on wardrobe alone, if I could live in any time period, it would be: This is a hard one. I’m torn between the 50′s and 70′s. I really love the 50′s and how everyone dressed up (poodle skirts, skinny capris, scarves, etc.) but the 70′s brought us a variety of laid-back styles that I still love today. Okay, if I had to choose one, I would say the 70′s. I look way better in platforms than in flats!
4. Best/biggest splurge (worth every penny): My wedding dress. I wish I could wear it everyday.
5. Best fashion advice I’ve ever received: “You should probably start plucking your eyebrows.”
6. Biggest fashion pet peeve (a trend that just needs to go away): I am really not sure if I have an answer for this. I guess I would have to say my biggest fashion pet peeve would be all of the trends that look terrible on me (i.e. palazzo pants & thong bikinis). Ha!
7. What I would tell my 13 year old self: Your parents actually do know more than you do. You are not going to be a doctor….and please don’t throw away that hyper-color t-shirt (it’s still the coolest fashion “invention” ever!).
8. Weirdest beauty trick that I swear by: When I don’t get enough sleep the night before, I put Preparation H under my eyes to get rid of the puffiness. Try explaining why you have a tube of that in your makeup bag!
9. Don’t care if it ever goes out of style, I’m going to keep wearing: Big watches, big jewelry and HIGH heels.
10. I would love to trade closets with: Nicole Richie for everyday wear and Kate Middleton for formal events.
11. This summer I can’t wait to wear: Maxi dresses and wedges.
Fun fact: I love arts and crafts :) I made my own save-the-dates & wedding invitiations! However, there should be a disclaimer that if you decide to do this on your own, you should factor in a lot less sleep and a lot more money, but for me it was well-worth the finished product!
Now go get silly with your own Silly Lips selves.
Photos via Kinky Katie