Three of my favorite looks from this week all have something in common. They are all great transitional outfits. As much as I hate to say it, summer is in its final stretch and fall is fast approaching. During this time of year, it’s always tricky trying to figure out what to put on– or take off. The weather is as temperamental as a woman with PMS and no M&M’s. The only way to get your look right during this time of year is by layering up. From Olivia Wilde’s cozy and casual look to Emma Stone’s red carpet Chanel Couture, these lovely ladies have mastered the art of layering and you can too by following these easy to put together layered looks (if you need a layering refresher course, click here):
1. All Saints Departed Hoodie, $67.50, 2. Mossimo Jersey Knit Maxi Skirt, $17.99, 3. Kashmere Blue Double Floral Print Cashmere Scarf, $138, 4. Forever 21 Cay Eye Sunglasses, $5.80
1. BCBG Emma Button Down Silk Chiffon Blouse, $168, 2. GYPSY 05 Carmen Twist Skirt, $99, 3. MICHAEL by Michael Kors Jenna Wedge Sandals, $145, 4. Staring at Stars Embellished Eternity Scarf, $32, 5. Elliot Lucca Millana Camera Snake Embossed Crossbody Bag, $64.90, 6. Urban Outfitters Tortoise Trim Aviator Sunglasses, $16
1. Matty M Pearl Metallic Crocheted Sequin Top, $43.99, 2. American Apparel Chiffon Full Length Skirt, $46, 3. M. Flynn Chandelier Cluster Earrings, $88, 4. Diane von Furstenberg Harper Evening Flap Shoulder Bag, $450, 5. Stuart Weitzman Nude Patent Daisy Pumps, $140.25
Keep cool. Stay hot.
Tigers, leopards, cheetahs. They get all the credit. Season after season, animal print, namely leopard, remains en vogue. Well, what about the quiet king of the jungle? The giraffe? With pleasantly patterned pelts, and lashes you could only wish for, the lanky giraffe has been long overlooked. It is the supermodel of the safari, afterall.
It’s true, I’m biased. My very favorite animals (other than Smitty) are giraffes. My fiance thought I was mocking him when we first started hanging out (guess he didn’t read number two) until my parents verified that I, too, was mad for giraffes. Match made in heaven.
So if you’re tired of tigers, and cheetahs, and leopards- oh my! Why not try on a different pattern from our long legged friends?:
1. Markus Lupfer Giraffe Sequin Jumper, $450, 2. Cappelli Printed Toyo Handbag, $25.60, 3. Kashmere Black Ombre Giraffe Printed Cashmere Scarf, $125.99, 4. Brian Lichtenberg Sleeveless One Shoulder Dress, $398, 5. Giambattista Valli Giraffe Linen Wedge, $650, 6. Giambattista Valli Linen and Silk Georgette Animal Print Dress, $2,590, 7. dELiAs Lace Giraffe Burnout Tee, $19.50, 8. Kenneth Jay Lane White and Brown Enamel Giraffe Bracelet, $75, 9. Just Cavalli Printed Jersey Wrap Dress, $450, 10. The Balm Shady Lady Vol. 3, $39.50, 11. Tepper Jackson Giraffe Messenger Bag, $48, 12. Amika Tourmaline Curler, $105
Five fun facts about giraffes:
- Giraffes have 18 inch purply-black tongues.
- Despite their long necks, giraffes have seven vertebrae just like humans… they just happen to be up to ten inches long.
- Giraffes can eat up to 75 pounds of food a day.
- Giraffe calfs are dropped from their mom’s womb head first to the ground. The fall doesn’t hurt the calf, but instead, causes it to take its first deep breath (a lal the doctor slapping a baby’s back).
- Not so fast? Giraffes can run up to 34 mph and when they run, their back legs cross their front (their front legs are 10% longer than their hind legs).
Now who’s king?
Photo via GPSTracking
An ode to all my New York City and Northern honeys. I woke up to 27 degrees this morning. I was half tempted to call in sick so that I didn’t have to leave my cozy heated apartment (and cuddly puppy dog). But then again… I’m half tempted to do that every day… Anyway…
It may be cold, but you can still look hot (it was too easy). Bring out the inner snow bunny in you. Below some picks for stylish and functional cold weather accessories.
Eugenia Kim hat, $117. (Now this will keep you warm!)
MARC by Marc Jacobs beret, $159
Alright, who am I kidding? This isn’t going to keep you particularly warm, but you will look absolutely darling wearing it. (more…)