On the second day of October, we also find ourselves on the second day of the government shutdown. I can’t take full credit, but I do hold myself slightly accountable as I haven’t been keeping up with keeping you up to date. Therefore, I’m reinstating “Smart Is the New Pretty” effective immediately. Heaven knows it doesn’t matter how great you look if you can’t keep up an intelligent conversation and it would appear that our country is all kinds of out of whack.
- The National Zoo may have turned off their panda cam, but The San Diego Zoo didn’t. (Phew!) [CBS News]
- Sadly, the government isn’t the only place shutting down. The New York City Opera has filed for bankruptcy. [NPR]
- And the Jacksonville Airport was shut down after reports of suspicious packages. [NBC News]
- Mark Jacobs shut down Paris Fashion Week with his collection for Louis Vuitton before confirming he will be leaving the fashion house to focus on his own brand. [NY Times]
- Hedi Slimane would like to shut down your Saint Laurent parody T’s. [The Cut]
- New York should probably go ahead and shut down the ‘pop up’ biker gang. [NY Post]
- I’m about to shut down anyone who doesn’t love dogs and think they’re Earth angels. [Huffington Post]
- Perhaps little girls would be able to shut down low self esteem if they had pups. Don’t worry- Bloomberg is here to help. [The Cut]
- Banksy’s latest piece in New York gets shut down overnight. [Gawker]
Do me a favor and don’t shut down your brain just because our politicians have decided to shut it down.
Leave A Comment