Life’s hard. After a long day at work, who has time (let alone energy) to spend hours on a beauty routine. When life starts to wear on you, it also starts to show up on your face. So waking up in the morning is not always such a beautiful thing. Try Face Timing me at 8am. Not pretty. Rather than waking up looking more like a wild banshee than a fresh spring flower, try putting your beauty sleep to work for you.
- Not only should you be sleeping on your back– on more than one pillow (propped up), you should also be using a silk pillow case. No, not because you’re a princess and only deserve the best (although, that’s true too). Silk pillow cases are more gentle on both hair and skin. Try this Spasilk Pillow, $14.99
- In case you have yet to jump on the Aquaphor bandwagon- It’s time. I have a tube of this on my nightstand. I use it for my lips as well as on my eyes. Not only does it hydrate the very delicate skin around your eyes… I swear my eyelashes are fuller thanks to this heavy ointment. Aquaphor, $5.99
- Your new silk pillowcase will help with bad hair days, but take it one step further by putting hair into a loose braid before resting your head at night. Or try Christina’s ballerina bun.
- When life hands you a lemon… squeeze it into a glass of warm water and down it before bed. A glass at night and another in the morning will have you looking fresh and svelte in no time.
- Just like your face, your body needs moisture too. Bedtime is the best time to slather yourself with rich body lotion. Do yourself a favor and try this Lavender Lotion from Bath & Body Works, $13