Okay, slackers… Did you seriously forget about mom? The woman who gave you those good genes and taught you to apply mascara?
Well, here are a few little last minute suggestions to get you off the hook:
- Flowers- this is totally obvious and you can still get them to her on time. Why not actually take some time to pick out some nice ones? I sent my mom a potted gardenia plant last year. Big hit.
- Send a card- It’s going to be late, but the postal service isn’t always so reliable is it? 😉 A great site that I found- www.astonishingcards.com. You can make photo cards. Earn bonus points by sending her a card with a great photo of the two of you.
- Go shopping with her! (And this time- you foot the bill!)(online coupon codes- mothersday09, mothersdayjeans)
- Take her to brunch. Sometimes all mom wants is to spend some time with you. (Again, don’t you DARE let her pay).
- Arrange a pedicure or spa treatment at a nice local salon. She would never book it for herself. www.spafinder.com
- At the very least, make sure you call her and tell her how much you love her and thank her for everything she’s done for you (i.e., carry you around in her uterus for 9 months and ruin her perfect figure).