Though I rarely sleep with much on once the weather breaks from freezing, I have an overabundance of sleepwear. As a matter of fact, for someone who would rather sleep with her window open for fresh air and sweat than turn on her air conditioner, it seems a bit excessive for the lack of closet and drawer space of New York studio apartments. Despite living in what is essentially a large hotel room, my apartment has become a bit of a hangout, probably due to its convenient location to trouble. Upon entry everyone always comments on the number of rompers and nighties that hang from the doorknobs of my closet… which aren’t there merely for show, but because I’ve got a bit of a textile overpopulation problem. It just so happens that they look nice and add a little bit of color and femininity to my black and white abode. My pajamas are mostly seen by my girlfriends who catch me between showering and dressing for the day, delivery men, and my neighbors across the street who have seen more than their fair share of me. But alas, with summer weekend getaways and shared spaces, it’s probably best to have something to sleep in more modest than your birthday suit and slightly sweeter than your old ratty college t-shirt and pair of boxers that came from who knows where.
1. Only Hearts Venice Cutout Romper, 2. Juicy Couture Print Sleep Essential Romper, 3. Eberjey Bleached Out Slub Jersey Jumpsuit, 4. Cosabella Bella PJ Romper, 5. Donna Karan Sleepwear Cotton Batiste Pajamas Set, 6. Eberjey Hannah Teddy, 7. Skin Lace City Chemise, 8. Equipment Landon Floral Print Washed Silk Pajamas, 9. Wildfox Couture Sleep In Late PJ Set, 10.Splendid Genie Jumpsuit
Everyone knows I love lingerie, a good cocktail, and my maltipoo, Smitty. Something else I love more than the average juice fasting female is swimwear. Some girls are all about bags, some about shoes and while I love both, a bikini is always certain to catch my attention as well as my paycheck. I even consider myself a bit of a bathing suit expert. I mean, I spent two years having the pleasure of filling Bendel’s with barely there beachwear.
I love bathing suits so much there are times when I wonder why I don’t just move to an island and live in a bikini whilst sipping on fresh coconuts, but then I get bored even imagining it and continue on in my concrete jungle.
Sure, this took me the greater portion of a day to pull together, but because I love swimwear so much, I enjoyed every moment of it. Whether you love a one piece or the teeniest of itsy bitsy bikinis, I’ve rounded up a suit in almost all of this spring’s biggest trends that should tickle your fancy or at least your fanny. So, here it is. The most elaborate swimsuit guide you’ll see and ever need to get you beach bum and poolside ready.
- Peekaboo Panels: Indah Slam Mesh Patches Top and Bottoms, T by Alexander Wang Mesh Paneled Swimsuit, UNIF Relic Suit, Lee + Lani The Rio one Piece, Norma Kamali Spliced Bandeau One Piece,
- Dirty Pop: Beach Riot Ay Papi Freemont Bikini Top and Colada Bikini Bottoms, Cynthia Rowley Underwire Bikini, Salinas Ocean Print Racerback Swimsuit, Giejo Abstract Plaid Bra Top and Mixed Boy Briefs
- Global Graphics: Zimmerman Instinct Paneled One Piece, Cecilia Prado Optico Triangle Top and Tie Side Bottoms, Mara Hoffman Laser Cut Bandeau Top and Bottoms, Kushcush Bali Bikini Top and Bikini Bottoms, Tori Praver Cabazon Top and Bottoms
- Team Spirit: Minimale Animale Calamity Jane Bikini, Lisa Marie Fernandez The Lisa Marie Two Tone Bikini, Lisa Marie Fernandez The Farrah Neoprene Swimsuit, T by Alexander Wang Mesh Combo Halter Top and Bottoms
- Black (and White) To Basics: Clover Canyon Torqued Walls Bikini Top and Bikini Bottoms, Zinke Emmi Reversible Bikini Top and Reversible Bottoms, Beach Bunny Laser Cut Top and Skimpy Bottom, Rachel Pally Gia Maillot, Jason Wu Bandeau Bikini
- Fresh Blooms: Red Carter Floriculture Peplum One Piece, Nanette Lepore Fleur de la Mer Bikini Top and Bottoms, Minimale Animale Work It Bikini, Miu Miu Floral Print Ruched Bikini, Dolce & Gabban Zaraga Blossom Print Swimsuit, Shimmi Stevie Embroidered Wrap Bikini
- On the Fringe: Indah Sports Illustrated Marley Crochet One Piece, L*Space Skinnie Minnie Bikini Top and Blake Bikini Bottoms, Indah Havana Bikini Top and Santiago Bikini Bottoms, Indah Patron Fringe Bandeau, Luli FamaCosta Buena Fringe Plunge Bikini Top
- Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Croptops: Maaji Crop Top and Bikini Bottoms, Beach Riot Coral Gables Bandeau Top and Bikini Bottoms, Mara Hoffman Naga Cropped Bikini Top and Tie Side Bottom, Thayer Ruffle Bralette Bikini Top, Ella Moss Belle Floral Ruffle Bandeau Top and Tunnel Bottoms, Wildfox Couture Tankini Top and Reve Crisscross Brazilian Bottoms
- Perfect Pastels: Nookie Beach Hermosas Bandeau Bikini, Zimmerman Verano Layered Frill Bikini, MIKOH Swimwear Banyans String Racerback Top and Lanai Multi String Bottoms, Zinke Weekender One Piece
- Heavy Metal: Zimmerman Scout High Triangle String Bikini, Vix Swimwear Solid Copper Triangle Top and Bikini Bottoms, Lisa Marie Fernandez Genevieve Bikini, Agent Provocateur Zonia Sequined Triangle Top and Bikini Briefs, Zimmerman Scout Balcony One Piece
The quote above from Karl Lagerfeld has been passed around the internet faster than an Anthony Weiner dick pic. And while I first snickered when I saw it, I couldn’t help but wonder what Karl might think about one of this fall’s must have items: the sweatshirt.
I can just picture him fanning himself with leather glove clad hand whilst flipping through September’s issues. But put down the paper bag, big K. These aren’t the Champion sweatshirts of gym class past. Nor are they the Juicy Couture velour tracksuits that I was certain were the fashion apocalypse. This season’s reincarnations feature more structured silhouettes, lace insets, and little details that will have you sweating them, not sweating in them.
When worn with the skinniest of skinny jeans, leather leggings, or a pleated skirt rather than their fleeced counterparts, the sweatshirt is more fabulous than frumpy.
1. T by Alexander Wang Crew Neck Sweatshirt, 2. Helmut Lang Leather and Wool Sweatshirt, 3. By Chance Jenna Oversized Sweatshirt, 4. A.P.C. Atelier de Production et Création, 5. Chaser Nat Geo Logo Sweatshirt, 6. Kenzo Striped Lining Cotton Sweatshirt, 7. Wildfox Basic Baggy Beach Sweatshirt, 8.Theory Janelo Long Sweatshirt, 9. Funktional Discovery Sweatshirt
I know I may complain a bit (who me?) and threaten to run off to the south of France from time to time, but the fact is, we do live in a truly great country. We’re free to do what we please- whether that be speak our minds or watch as much Real Housewives as our brains can tolerate. Clearly, seeing as there is an entire market dedicated to apparel smattered with our American flag, I am not alone in my love of the land of the free. So, let’s try and remember why we’ve been awarded the freedoms that we have and wear our flags oh so proudly.
Torn by Ronny Kobo Boyfriend Tee, $174.60, RUNWAYDREAMZ Vintage American Flag Shorts, $179, Wildfox Couture American Heart Manhattan Cardigan, $269, Converse All Star Specialty Flag, $84.13
Cupid and I hate to be pests, but there is no stopping the calendar. February 14th is on it’s way and whether or not you are choosing to ignore it, time marches on with or without you, my friend. Maybe you’ve just started dating someone potentially special (but how can one really be sure?) or perhaps you just want to trade gifts with girlfriends instead. Whatever your Valentine’s Day is shaping up to be, there are some very sweet options so as not to appear completely crazy in love (or creepy). Nothing worse than going all in without the slightest bit of reciprocity. Awkward.
1. Alphabet Bags Heart Tote, $23, 2.Diptyque Roses Pink Candle, $32, 3. Kate Spade New York Say Yes Necklace (Ooh La La), $62.99, 4. Wildfox Couture Gold Sparkle Heart T, $107, 5. Lanvin Set of Envelopes and Colored Pencils, $115, 6. MARC by Marc Jacobs iPhone 4 Wild Hearts Case, $34, 7. Tory Burch Red Leopard Heart Scarf, $122.99, 8. Paw Me a Cup Tea Set, $45.99