It makes sense that this week’s episode is focused on creating the perfect “Daisy Duke” worthy denim cut offs. A great pair of denim cut off shorts say “summer” like nothing else can. They’re great for a casual day by the pool or running errands and can be dressed up with sexy heels and a silky top for a balmy night out on the town. It may be tempting to just plop down the plastic and splurge on designer denim, but why not make yourself a custom (and less expensive) DIY version instead? It’s much easier than you may think and you won’t be caught wearing the same ol’ same as everyone else.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Recycle! This is a perfect way to utilize your old jeans that are just taking up space in your closet.
- DO NOT cut the legs off straight across (this will lead to a very “cheeky” situation).
- Leave an extra inch of fabric. You can always go shorter!
- Be creative. Let your imagination run wild! There are tons of different ways to embellish your shorts.
- If you don’t have time to run ‘em through the wash, use a zester and seam ripper to get the fringe going.