Date or no date this Valentine’s Day, there’s no reason not to put on your flirtiest frock to paint the town red… or pink. Nothing stops traffic quite like a little red dress, but if you’re not crazy about crimson, there are several shades of pink- pale to punchy- that will also do the trick turning heads.
1. Veronica Beard Cut Out Stretch Sheath Dress, 2. Moschino Cheap and Chic Croc Jacquard Stretch Jersey Mini Dress, 3. RED Valentino Stripe Hem Flare Dress, 4. Nina Ricci Lace Trimmed Silk Crepe Slip Dress, 5. Rachel Pally Britt Dress, 6. Alexander Wang Split Bodice Dress, 7. Karla Spetic Lorelei Cutout Silk Crepe de Chine Dress, 8. Christopher Kane Lace Trimmed Printed Stretch Crepe Dress, 9. 5th & Mercer Long Sleeve Dress, 10. Victoria Beckham Leather Trimmed Stretch Ponte Mini Dress
Being someone who typically favors skin grazing frocks and tops only slightly larger than sportsbras, it may come as quite a surprise that one of my favorite parts of cooler weather has absolutely nothing to do with pumpkin spice anything and a whole lot to do with slipping into a cozy, cuddly, oftentimes oversized sweater dress.
This is not the first time I’ve dedicated a Friday Frocks to sweater dressing and I can promise you, as it’s only mid-September, it won’t be the last. Knit dresses are the perfect way to transition from chilly fall days to frosty winter evenings. When the thermostat starts to head below 60, wear your knitwear with over the knee boots and toss on a leather jacket. As the biting temperatures of winter arrive, layer your frock over patterned tights or a pair of complementary knit leggings (another really big trend for fall). I may be the only one, but all I want to do is hug myself when wearing a soft cashmere sweater and fortunately, I’m quite flexible, so it’s entirely doable. But seriously, if you see me in the street wearing a sweater dress, hugs are welcome.
1. Just Female Link Roll Neck Sweater Dress, 2. Red Valentino Long Sleeve Sweater Dress, 3. Matthew Williamson Merino Wool Mini Dress, 4. Rachel Pally Sleeveless Turtleneck Dress, 5. BB Dakota Dakota Collective Lara Sweater Dress, 6. Vince Sweater Dress, 7. T by Alexander Wang Mohair Tunic Dress, 8. Haute Hippie Slouchy Collar Dress, 9. Eternal Sunshine Creations Georgia Mini Dress, 10. Bella Freud Three Way Color Block Wool Mini Dress
Image originally published here. Photo courtesy of Living The Dream Blog
Being the third born and first girl in my family, I really made it known that I was, in fact, female. When my mom prudently and practically attempted to put me into some of my brothers clothes, I went ahead and turned up my tiny freckled nose at the sheer thought of wearing something that had belonged to a boy. This is also the same reasoning I used in pre-school when I decided I would no longer be addressed as K.C. because there was a boy in my class named Casey. I would be called Kirsten and pink dresses and ruffled panties it was. I may have scaled citrus trees and caught lizards barefoot, but I did so wearing a dress. And while I still prefer a dress (as of late a coordinating crop top and skirt), there are times (much like the ones mentioned yesterday) wherein, I must put on my big girl pants. And this summer it’s all about a printed palazzo pant.
1. Ella Moss Biarritz Print Wide Leg Pants, 2. SW3 Bespoke Pembroke Pants, 3. Rachel Pally Grady Wide Leg Pants, 4. Topshop Paisley Wide Leg Trousers, 5. Clover Canyon Byzantine Scarf Print Wide Leg Pants, 6. sass & bide The Royalist Pants, 7. MSGM Tie Dye Pants, 8. Lovers + Friends Willow Pants, 9. Trina Turk Perleen Knit Pants, 10. Theodora & Callum Cypress Palazzo Pants
Not only are double duty beauty products helpful for packing, so are dresses that are multifunctional and able to be worn in more than one way. Whether it’s a maxi dress that moonlights as a skirt or a frock that’s altogether reversible, having options that take up half the space are magic in and of themselves. So, pack light, put your thing down, flip it, and reverse it.
1. The Lady & The Sailor Convertible Double Layer Dress, 2. Rachel Pally Pally High Waist Convertible Skirt, 3. Ramy Brook Jamie Convertible TopDress, 4. Young Fabulous & Broke Bangal Convertible Maxi Dress, 5. James & Joy Mina Convertible Dress, 6. Tbags Los Angeles Convertible Maxi Dress with Necklace, 7. Bec & Bridge Wisteria Reversible Dress, 8. findersKEEPERS Inner Light Reversible Dress, 9. Bec & Bridge Spotted Cub Reversible Dress, 10. Camilla and Marc Reversible Recursion Dress
Everyone knows I love lingerie, a good cocktail, and my maltipoo, Smitty. Something else I love more than the average juice fasting female is swimwear. Some girls are all about bags, some about shoes and while I love both, a bikini is always certain to catch my attention as well as my paycheck. I even consider myself a bit of a bathing suit expert. I mean, I spent two years having the pleasure of filling Bendel’s with barely there beachwear.
I love bathing suits so much there are times when I wonder why I don’t just move to an island and live in a bikini whilst sipping on fresh coconuts, but then I get bored even imagining it and continue on in my concrete jungle.
Sure, this took me the greater portion of a day to pull together, but because I love swimwear so much, I enjoyed every moment of it. Whether you love a one piece or the teeniest of itsy bitsy bikinis, I’ve rounded up a suit in almost all of this spring’s biggest trends that should tickle your fancy or at least your fanny. So, here it is. The most elaborate swimsuit guide you’ll see and ever need to get you beach bum and poolside ready.
- Peekaboo Panels: Indah Slam Mesh Patches Top and Bottoms, T by Alexander Wang Mesh Paneled Swimsuit, UNIF Relic Suit, Lee + Lani The Rio one Piece, Norma Kamali Spliced Bandeau One Piece,
- Dirty Pop: Beach Riot Ay Papi Freemont Bikini Top and Colada Bikini Bottoms, Cynthia Rowley Underwire Bikini, Salinas Ocean Print Racerback Swimsuit, Giejo Abstract Plaid Bra Top and Mixed Boy Briefs
- Global Graphics: Zimmerman Instinct Paneled One Piece, Cecilia Prado Optico Triangle Top and Tie Side Bottoms, Mara Hoffman Laser Cut Bandeau Top and Bottoms, Kushcush Bali Bikini Top and Bikini Bottoms, Tori Praver Cabazon Top and Bottoms
- Team Spirit: Minimale Animale Calamity Jane Bikini, Lisa Marie Fernandez The Lisa Marie Two Tone Bikini, Lisa Marie Fernandez The Farrah Neoprene Swimsuit, T by Alexander Wang Mesh Combo Halter Top and Bottoms
- Black (and White) To Basics: Clover Canyon Torqued Walls Bikini Top and Bikini Bottoms, Zinke Emmi Reversible Bikini Top and Reversible Bottoms, Beach Bunny Laser Cut Top and Skimpy Bottom, Rachel Pally Gia Maillot, Jason Wu Bandeau Bikini
- Fresh Blooms: Red Carter Floriculture Peplum One Piece, Nanette Lepore Fleur de la Mer Bikini Top and Bottoms, Minimale Animale Work It Bikini, Miu Miu Floral Print Ruched Bikini, Dolce & Gabban Zaraga Blossom Print Swimsuit, Shimmi Stevie Embroidered Wrap Bikini
- On the Fringe: Indah Sports Illustrated Marley Crochet One Piece, L*Space Skinnie Minnie Bikini Top and Blake Bikini Bottoms, Indah Havana Bikini Top and Santiago Bikini Bottoms, Indah Patron Fringe Bandeau, Luli FamaCosta Buena Fringe Plunge Bikini Top
- Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Croptops: Maaji Crop Top and Bikini Bottoms, Beach Riot Coral Gables Bandeau Top and Bikini Bottoms, Mara Hoffman Naga Cropped Bikini Top and Tie Side Bottom, Thayer Ruffle Bralette Bikini Top, Ella Moss Belle Floral Ruffle Bandeau Top and Tunnel Bottoms, Wildfox Couture Tankini Top and Reve Crisscross Brazilian Bottoms
- Perfect Pastels: Nookie Beach Hermosas Bandeau Bikini, Zimmerman Verano Layered Frill Bikini, MIKOH Swimwear Banyans String Racerback Top and Lanai Multi String Bottoms, Zinke Weekender One Piece
- Heavy Metal: Zimmerman Scout High Triangle String Bikini, Vix Swimwear Solid Copper Triangle Top and Bikini Bottoms, Lisa Marie Fernandez Genevieve Bikini, Agent Provocateur Zonia Sequined Triangle Top and Bikini Briefs, Zimmerman Scout Balcony One Piece