Several months ago, I introduced you to the ridiculously fun and totally customizable bikini brand, Mikini Bikini. The line was a big hit with you lovely ladies, so I asked the beauty behind the brand if she’d like to let us in on her own personal style secrets. Lucky for us, she obliged and now the bikini babe (and newlywed) is gonna share what makes her style so chic.
Name: Christina Iaquinta Stuber
Wearing: Club Monaco dress (bought this for my wedding shower – it’s my wedding colors, grey and yellow!), Lucky boots from TJMaxx (Found these last month and have probably worn them 5/7 days each week!), Crossbody from Banana Republic (“just because” gift from husband when we first started dating 5 years ago – I still love it!) Rhinestone necklace from Pinky Otto (gift from my Momma).
Hometown/Current Town: Hometown: Bridgeport, WV; Current Town: Boston, MA
1. I would describe my style as: Casual luxury. I dress how I feel, and a lot of my pieces come with a story or memory!
2. I can’t leave the house without: RayBans and my wedding ring.
3. Based on wardrobe alone, if I could live in any time period, it would be: The 60′s would be amazing - mini skirts, skinny jeans, and fake eyelashes, what more could you want?
4. Best/biggest splurge (worth every penny): I try to find good deals on every-day wear, and tend to splurge on my more “timeless” pieces. My biggest splurge this year was actually for my husband – a Breitling Navitimer watch.
5. Best fashion advice I’ve ever received: If you wouldn’t wear it in front of your father, then don’t wear it!
6. Biggest fashion pet peeve (a trend that just needs to go away): High-waisted jeans.
7. What I would tell my 13 year old self: Oh geez – I only can pick one thing?! Some of the items I wore were just absurd. Like a mini skirt that was cow print, or these knee high boots that looked like moon shoes.. and I had this belly chain that I thought was really cool. Even formals, I wore 2-piece dresses! I’d do it all again though – you have to experiment in order to find your true style later on.
8. Weirdest beauty trick that I swear by: I sleep with my hair in a high bun. When I take it down in the morning, it has lots of volume!
9. Don’t care if it ever goes out of style, I’m going to keep wearing: long hair, ha! I’ve never had my hair shorter than shoulder length.
10. I would love to trade closets with: Lauren Conrad
Fun fact: Red cups from Starbucks make me ridiculously happy!
Now go customize your very own Mikini Bikini for your next “escaping the arctic” trip.
Photo courtesy of UbranoPhoto