While some ladies may be those of leisure, others work hard for their money. They’re smart, determined, dedicated, and want to look damn good while dominating a board room. And while mama does work hard to bring home the bacon, she doesn’t want to put all that money right back into her work wardrobe. So what’s a girl to do? Shop smart! There are plenty of work appropriate options that 1). won’t break the bank and, 2). won’t raise any eyebrows. The key to a fabulous work wardrobe is investing in smart separates that can be mixed, matched, and accessorized to provide a plethora of early morning options. Here are three outfits all under $200 that will have you looking like (and making) a million.
Let’s break down the numbers:
BB Dakota Audry Twill Dress, $79.99 + Mossimo Palma Pumps, $29.99 + Marc by Marc Jacobs Metallics Packables Shopper, $58 = $167.98
Jack by BB Dakota Nadine Top, $52 + My Favorite Things Pencil Skirt, $79.90 + Nine West Escher Pumps, $59.99 = $191.98
BB Dakota Hadley Pants, $59.99 + Staring at Stars Chiffon Button Down Shirt, $24.99 + DV by Dolce Vita Boston Pumps, $72.99 = $157.97
Now that’s what I call retail math.
It sorta seems like life went ahead and decided to cram as much as possible into the last few months of the year. Sort of like it forgot and then was like, “Oh crap! We gotta do all this.” So, that keeps ladies like you and me pretty busy. In between all of the end of year festivities, we still need to find time to run those never ending errands. They sure don’t take a holiday, do they? This is where that whole “fashion vs function” argument comes into play. Is it ever possible to be both? These three celebrities prove that it is, in fact, feasible to be both polished and practical while running errands.
1. CeCe Cloud Cashmere Chunky Cowl Neck Sweater, $189, 2. 7 for All Mankind Roxanne in California Wash, $158, 3. Esprit Resin Sunglasses, $35, 4. Nine West Turnstile Crossbody Bag, $19.95, 5. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Abria Leopard Flats, $49.99
1. American Apparel El Salvador Lace Tee, $38, 2. Forever 21 Live in Progress Destroyed Skinnies, $27.80, 3. Forever 21 Urban Drop Earrings, $4.80, 4. Hobo International Tivoli Bag, $238, 5. Charles by Charles David Avenger Booties, $69.95
1. Ann Taylor Whisper Blouse, $98, 2. Paige Premium Denim Casual Pants, $108, 3. All Saints Elva Cardigan, $175, 4. Kate Spade Irving Place Harlow, $176.99, 5. Report Whitfield Flat, $89
Photo via The Well Written Woman
Have we come to terms with this weather yet? Or are you one of those folks who wears a parka with flip flops? C’mon. Don’t do that to me. Put away your cut off shorts, and let’s get those sweaters out of their Space Bags. You should not be hanging your sweaters, after all. Once upon a time, I had a pretty sweet gig working on product development for private label knitwear, so I know my yarns. Whether you opt for merino or cashmere, it’s cold out there and the best way to bundle up is in a cozy sweater. Check out how some of Hollywood’s cutest stars are wearing the warm and fuzzies:
1. Wyatt Heather Grey Thermal Cashmere Sweater, $159, 2. Madewell Utility Zip Pants, $19.99, 3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Metal Aviators, $98, 4. Berge Mistral Hobo, $320, 5. Nine West Transport Motorcycle Boots, $129
1. Splendid Chunky Ombre Stitch Poncho, $248, 2. 7 for All Mankind A Pocket Flare, $113, 3. Kate Spade This Is the Year Idiom Bangle, $58, 4. Milly Allie Tote, $465, 5. Sam Edelman Wilma Wedge Bootie, $130
1. J. Crew Fisherman Cableknit Sweater, $98, 2.7 For All Mankind Gwenevere Skinny Jeans, $198, 3. Ray-Ban Rounded Wayfarer, $116, 4. Treesje Warhol Messenger Bag, $568, 5. Steven by Steve Madden Deziary Boots, $199.99
Sunday night Hollywood’s hottest headed to the 2011 Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles. While this isn’t quite the Met Costume Gala and may be frowned upon by the fashion elite, I always like seeing the fresh young faces in more casual, carefree attire. This year, the stunning starlets certainly did not disappoint. Below are a few of my favorite looks. I’ve recreated each to show you that looking red carpet ready is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Blake Lively in Gucci, Christian Louboutin, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels
1. Boulee Serena Dress, $209, 2. Ivanka Trump Pinkette Leopard Pumps, $135, 3. House of Harlow 1960 Gold Triangle Drop Earrings, $100
Nina Dobrev in D&G (dress and clutch), Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, jewelry by Ippolita
1. Paul & Joe Sister Gingham Bandeau Dress, $193.94, 2. Nine West Glowing Platform Pump, $89, 3. Poppie Jones Mini Turnlock Clutch, $19.95
Lucy Hale in Giuseppe Zanotti wedges
1. Rebecca Minkoff Claudia Dress, $129.99, 2. Alexander Mc Queen Suede Finned Wedge, $1,050, 3. Kora Black Horn Inlay Ring, $145
Photos via Just Jared
Givenchy’s Fall 2008 runway show was enough to make the biggest wallflower want to get up on a table and break a guitar. It was chocked full of leather, chains, lace, and edge. The overall theme was rocker chic. Below are three of my favorite looks and how you can get them.
A look from Givenchy’s Fall 2008 runway show. This look is sexy yet tough.
Blouse from Forever21, $22.80
Blank shiny PANT at Urban Outfitters, $68
(My favorite part about these is that they are actual PANTS- with pockets and fly!)
Steve Madden, Clubbin Bootie, $129.95