The best way to freshen up any spring wardrobe is with a fresh pop of color. These Mossimo® Striped Pants from Target are the perfect way to transition from chilly winter into brisk spring by incorporating a striking pink with deep navy pin stripes. Paired with a cozy navy cashmere sweater for the early portion of spring then a crisp white tank when the heat kicks in, these polished yet relaxed pants are the answer to weekend errands, brunch, and summer Fridays.
sweater: Henri Bendel (similar here), striped pants: c/o Target, shoes: Jimmy Choo (similar here), bag: Malini Murjani, watch: Michael Kors, dog: Smitty
And be sure to check out the rest of the StyleList Curator Network‘s take on spring trends from Target.
The maxi dress is nothing new, but that’s okay. It’s still a closet and transitional season must have. A maxi is great for running errands in a simple pair of flat sandals and tote or can be dressed up with heels and sparkly jewels. Maxi dresses are a win for all parties involved. It’s like getting to wear your pajamas all day long and no one can really say anything cause you look so stunning and you never run the risk of exposing your “Britney.” Striped, solid, floral, tribal… you really can’t go wrong. Check out how these chic starlets styled their maxis and re-create the look yourself for that oh-so-effortless maxed out look.
1. Ella Moss Printed Maxi Dress, $188, 2. Ettika Clustered Gold Black Leather Bracelet, $75, 3. bebe Noah Platform Sandals, $84.99
1. Cosabella Anouck Maxi Dress, $200, 2. House of Harlow 1960 Jordana Sunglasses, $125, 3. DKNY Textured Leather Shoulder Bag, $375, 4. Aldo Brendle Simple Flat Sandals, $56.40
1. Ella Moss Stained Glass Maxi Dress, $248, 2. Ray-Ban Large New Wayfarer, $125, 3. Blank NYC Vegan Leather Jacket, $74.99, 4. Mossimo Supply Co. Ona Ballet Flats, $14.99
While some ladies may be those of leisure, others work hard for their money. They’re smart, determined, dedicated, and want to look damn good while dominating a board room. And while mama does work hard to bring home the bacon, she doesn’t want to put all that money right back into her work wardrobe. So what’s a girl to do? Shop smart! There are plenty of work appropriate options that 1). won’t break the bank and, 2). won’t raise any eyebrows. The key to a fabulous work wardrobe is investing in smart separates that can be mixed, matched, and accessorized to provide a plethora of early morning options. Here are three outfits all under $200 that will have you looking like (and making) a million.
Let’s break down the numbers:
BB Dakota Audry Twill Dress, $79.99 + Mossimo Palma Pumps, $29.99 + Marc by Marc Jacobs Metallics Packables Shopper, $58 = $167.98
Jack by BB Dakota Nadine Top, $52 + My Favorite Things Pencil Skirt, $79.90 + Nine West Escher Pumps, $59.99 = $191.98
BB Dakota Hadley Pants, $59.99 + Staring at Stars Chiffon Button Down Shirt, $24.99 + DV by Dolce Vita Boston Pumps, $72.99 = $157.97
Now that’s what I call retail math.
Three of my favorite looks from this week all have something in common. They are all great transitional outfits. As much as I hate to say it, summer is in its final stretch and fall is fast approaching. During this time of year, it’s always tricky trying to figure out what to put on– or take off. The weather is as temperamental as a woman with PMS and no M&M’s. The only way to get your look right during this time of year is by layering up. From Olivia Wilde’s cozy and casual look to Emma Stone’s red carpet Chanel Couture, these lovely ladies have mastered the art of layering and you can too by following these easy to put together layered looks (if you need a layering refresher course, click here):
1. All Saints Departed Hoodie, $67.50, 2. Mossimo Jersey Knit Maxi Skirt, $17.99, 3. Kashmere Blue Double Floral Print Cashmere Scarf, $138, 4. Forever 21 Cay Eye Sunglasses, $5.80
1. BCBG Emma Button Down Silk Chiffon Blouse, $168, 2. GYPSY 05 Carmen Twist Skirt, $99, 3. MICHAEL by Michael Kors Jenna Wedge Sandals, $145, 4. Staring at Stars Embellished Eternity Scarf, $32, 5. Elliot Lucca Millana Camera Snake Embossed Crossbody Bag, $64.90, 6. Urban Outfitters Tortoise Trim Aviator Sunglasses, $16
1. Matty M Pearl Metallic Crocheted Sequin Top, $43.99, 2. American Apparel Chiffon Full Length Skirt, $46, 3. M. Flynn Chandelier Cluster Earrings, $88, 4. Diane von Furstenberg Harper Evening Flap Shoulder Bag, $450, 5. Stuart Weitzman Nude Patent Daisy Pumps, $140.25
Keep cool. Stay hot.