I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!! How many times have you shouted that at your closet whilst standing there staring at its contents in just your skivvies? For me, the number of times is countless. No need to take it out on your poor wardrobe though. Instead invest in the never fail fashion trend: the maxi dress. The easiest way to look chic this summer is by slipping into a maxi dress. Don’t believe me? Here’s my top five reasons for maxing out:
- It’s basically one step dressing. A maxi dress has the ability to make you look feminine and romantic without trying.
- Maxis are incredibly figure forgiving. Eat as much potato salad as you please.
- You don’t need to shave your legs. (Sorry, fellas).
- Perfect for pairing with flats. Give those tootsies a rest!
- You can hide small children, pets, and thunder thighs under them.
Whether you choose a breezy bohemian style or a simple slinky column, you’re bound to turn a few heads in one of these:
1. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Flutter Sleeve Maxi Dress, $366, 2. Diane von Furstenberg Ethyl Long Wrap Maxi Dress, $545, 3. Winter Kate Silk Maxi Dress, $260, 4. Free People Hippie Trip Maxi Dress, $198, 5. French Connection Leah Linen Maxi Dress, $108, 6. All Saint Pious Maxi Dress, $90, 7. Vintage Havana Tie Dye Maxi Dress, $64, 8. Gypsy 05 Long Organi Alligator Maxi Dress, $149, 9. Free People Polynesian Princess Maxi Dress, $198, 10. Style Stalker Venom Maxi Dress, $169, 11. Alice + Olivia Printed Halter Maxi Dress, $440, 12. Shoshanna Twist Front Printed Maxi Dress, $485
Chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin’ all cool.
Photo via The Chic Fashionista