September 22nd marked the first day of fall (and also my dad’s and beloved pooch’s birthdays). Now you can officially start complaining about the end of summer… not that you haven’t been doing so since Labor Day and the end of your summer share. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I actually find fall to be a little bit magical. It’s nice to have everyone back in the city. Sidewalks are full of brunchers on the weekends soaking in the last bits of tolerable temperatures. There seems to be a tinge of excitement in the crisp air. For what- I’m not quite sure… can’t possibly be the impending arctic winter. And while I do love a teeny bikini, I’ve always preferred dressing for fall. Layering cashmere, leather, boots, and coats may seem daunting to some though. So, I’ve put together ten fall trends that will help you start your shopping list and soften the shift from summer to fall.
- Sweaters that say something: Forever 21 Boom! Cropped Sweater, ONE by Babe Babe Sweater
- Layer in leather: All Saints Sens Leather Skirt, Helmut Lang Stretch Leather Legging Style Pants
- One, two buckle your boots: Steve Madden Cinch Cutout Ankle Boot, Chloé Susanna Studded Leather Boots
- Mad for plaid: Forever 21 On the Range Plaid Sweatshirt, McQ Plaid Zip Skirt
- All shades of grey: Free People The James Dress, Richard Nicoll Waffle Knit Angora Blend Sweater Dress
- Sneak attack: Adidas by Stella McCartney Discosura Hiker Sneakers, Giuseppe Zanotti London Zip High Sneakers
- Oversized outerwear: Forever 21 Oversized Zip Up Jacket, Rochas Oversized Open Coat
- Go Army green: Sparkle and Fade Camo Sweater, Faith Connexion Camouflage Tapered Pants
- Beanie baby: Urban Outfitters Waffle Knit Beanie, Lanvin Embellished Ribbed Wool and Cashmere Beanie
- Mini me: See by Chloe Rosita Mini Chain Purse, Fendi Be Baguette Mini Shearling Bag
Save me a seat at brunch.