You may be thinking to yourself, “What the heck is going on with the internet today? It’s different. It’s weird.” Well, there’s good reason for that. Many websites are going “black” in protest of SOPA. WTF is SOPA, you ask?
- So let’s break it down with the beginner’s guide to SOPA. [Nylon]
- Want to know who is going “dark” in protest? Here’s a list. [Mashable]
- Even Google has stepped up to make a statement about SOPA, PIPA. [Huffington Post]
- Strangely enough, a lot of 18-25 year olds might not notice. They don’t shop online, nor do they know what Gilt is. [Refinery 29]
- They do like the web though. Perhaps they’d like to use BilltoMobile for their in store purchases. [TechCrunch]
- I guess they’re probably busy using Chegg’s new mobile reader for online textbooks, right? [TechCrunch]
- Speaking of which… do you have a report due today? How are you going to access Wikipedia??? Here’s how. [Mashable]
- Hopefully, you aren’t going to check it from your iPad… made of clay. [The Verge]
- Clay iPads didn’t make the list of CES’s hottest gadgets for small businesses. But these seven did. [Mashable]
- Think your iPhone is only good for chatting/texting/stalking? One Like Son used it to record their ENTIRE album. [Mashable]
- Once you’re done listening, find out what you can do to fight SOPA. [Reddit]
It’s no secret that smart is the new pretty, so how about we start this year off with some more knowledge? Anyone can look good in designer duds, but it’s the girl with the knowing look that ends up the belle of the ball.
While some ladies may be those of leisure, others work hard for their money. They’re smart, determined, dedicated, and want to look damn good while dominating a board room. And while mama does work hard to bring home the bacon, she doesn’t want to put all that money right back into her work wardrobe. So what’s a girl to do? Shop smart! There are plenty of work appropriate options that 1). won’t break the bank and, 2). won’t raise any eyebrows. The key to a fabulous work wardrobe is investing in smart separates that can be mixed, matched, and accessorized to provide a plethora of early morning options. Here are three outfits all under $200 that will have you looking like (and making) a million.
Let’s break down the numbers:
BB Dakota Audry Twill Dress, $79.99 + Mossimo Palma Pumps, $29.99 + Marc by Marc Jacobs Metallics Packables Shopper, $58 = $167.98
Jack by BB Dakota Nadine Top, $52 + My Favorite Things Pencil Skirt, $79.90 + Nine West Escher Pumps, $59.99 = $191.98
BB Dakota Hadley Pants, $59.99 + Staring at Stars Chiffon Button Down Shirt, $24.99 + DV by Dolce Vita Boston Pumps, $72.99 = $157.97
Now that’s what I call retail math.