Beauty Buzz: Crystal Light

hair flipLike many girls, I’m pretty obsessed with my hair.  I would even rank it as one of my best features (and I have so many).  So, I spend a lot of time (and sometimes money) trying to take great care of my beloved hair.  Whether it be taking mass quantities of vitamins or test driving the latest deep conditioners, I’m always on the lookout for the split end savior.

When the king of haircare, Kerastase, was kind enough to send me the latest and greatest from their line, I couldn’t wait to hop in the shower and lather up.  Cristalliste is specifically formulated for ladies with long locks (like me) and the goal is to nourish hair while leaving it light and airy.  I swear, this stuff was created for me.  It addresses all of my follicle fears (and the packaging is PINK!).

kerastase crystallisteI’ve since used the products twice (I like to go on a couple of dates before making any judgements) and I have to say, I’m a convert.  Hair feels silky, but light as a feather.  Long hair tends to get heavy, but Crystalliste leaves hair super shiny and soft without being the slightest bit weighed down by heavy conditioners (silicone, paraben, and colorant free!).  Oh and did I mention it smells like heaven?

Because Cristalliste cleanses your roots and nourishes your lengths and ends, it is perfect for us ladies who are doing the ombre hair thing (whether intentional or not).  While getting my hair trimmed a month or so ago, my stylist said to me, “You need to put back in what you take out of your hair by styling and coloring.  Your standard drugstore suds just won’t do.”  Well, thank goodness for Kerastase.  Keep your eyes peeled this month when Cristalliste will be available at a salon near you.

13 Comments on Beauty Buzz: Crystal Light

1. Richard
    March 2, 2012 at 9:25 am (4 years ago)

Very nice picture of the model.

2. xosonja
    March 2, 2012 at 3:04 pm (4 years ago)

I want!!!
    I feel like you were speaking right to me: ombre – intentional or not!!

3. WhyDid YouWearThat
    March 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm (4 years ago)

Haha!! Noooo…. unintentional ombre is the new black (roots). JK! But you will love this stuff. Smells so good and my hair is so soft and shiny (even after a blow out/flatiron). xx

4. sandra
    March 13, 2012 at 10:44 pm (4 years ago)

I am so interested in this line. Is the serum heavy? what kind of ingredients does it have if it doesn’t have silicone? Also can you compare it to any other Kerastase you have tried, especially the green or orange lines? Thanks in advance and best wishes

5. Marie
    March 28, 2012 at 10:41 am (4 years ago)

Would you recommend it to someone with an irritated, itchy or sensitive scalp? Normally I use Kerastase Dermo Calm shampoo… but this Cristalliste line is very appealing… :) Thank you!

6. WhyDid YouWearThat
    March 28, 2012 at 5:14 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Marie!

I absolutely love this product. It works really well on my long hair and it smells divine! I don’t have a particularly sensitive scalp, but I am not sure whether it would be as soothing and moisturizing as what you’re used to because it is targeted for long hair and hydrates the ends without adding weight to the roots. If you could score a sample, I’d definitely give it a try though! Hope this helps! xx

7. WhyDid YouWearThat
    March 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Sandra,

So sorry to just be getting back to you now. The serum is amazing. I have used the orange line, but not the green in the past. i have found that even if I go a little crazy with the serum, it does not leave my hair even a little bit greasy (as I found that too much of the Oleo Relax Serum would do). I would definitely suggest trying it out if you have longer hair with dry ends.

8. Marie
    March 29, 2012 at 10:52 am (4 years ago)

Thank you so much for your answer. I’ll try to get a sample…
    Could I ask you one more thing?
    I’m also a big fan of hair masques. I tried Kerastase oleo-relax, oleo-relax slim, age-recharge, soleil and masquintense…

I only really liked the original/first oleo-relax masque. Prevents dry ends and maintains a superb shining and healthy hair without weighting it down. (I have very fine hair)

Do you think Cristallist lait cristal can replace a masque?
    Again, thank you so much for your advice.

9. WhyDid YouWearThat
    March 29, 2012 at 11:43 am (4 years ago)

Hey Marie!

No, problem!! Here to help :)

I would not consider the Cristalliste conditioner to be thick/heavy enough to replace a masque. It’s great for a daily conditioner, but would definitely still recommend sticking with a weekly deep conditioning masque!

10. Marie
    March 30, 2012 at 3:32 am (4 years ago)

Hello again…

Thank you! I will do that. I will continue to follow your posts.
    By the way… you are right, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

11. WhyDid YouWearThat
    March 30, 2012 at 6:32 am (4 years ago)

Aww!! Thanks, Marie! You are so sweet! Let me know what you think when you test out the samples! xx (and do stay tuned… there may be a giveaway/contest soon!)

12. Alycia
    August 4, 2013 at 12:16 am (2 years ago)

This is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise info… Thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read post!