A real crowd pleaser, queso, is sure to be a hit (except for all your lactose intolerant pals). For some reason it’s impossibly difficult to find any decent queso in CA (ironic?). So, I took matters into my own hands and started making it at home.
I shouldn’t really have to explain this… but I will.
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese (sliced into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 can (10 oz) of Rotel
- Melt cheese and Rotel in a pot. Serve with tortilla chips.
Finally, something we can thank Texas for.
I love when I receive emails like this (from my dear friend, Dev):
- 5 cups watermelon cubes (rind and seeds removed- duh)
- 3/4 cup lemon vodka…… this is does NOT sound like enough….
- 6 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp cointreau or Triple Sec
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Blend together with approximately 3-6 ice cubes. Blend until slushy…
or perhaps you would just like to blend the watermelon up and mix in the ingredients for a martini.
“Id like to invite you to consider” whipping these gems up for the July 4th weekend. I feel they would be a hit any party.
Not only are these drinks gems, but so is dear, sweet Dev for sending this recipe.
Hope you have a happy, fully accessorized, Fourth of July.