Ugh. It’s a rough world out there, ladies. Between all of our hard work and hard partying, at times we start to look a little “tired.” When we miss out on sleep and relaxation, one of the first places it starts to show is our eyes.
So, here’s the bad news… eye bags are hereditary and come along with the aging process. There is a certain amount of fat stored under the eye area and as we age, the ligaments and skin get looser around the eye and that pushes the fat forward creating a “bag.” Lack of sleep, poor diet (high in sodium), and lack of exercise can speed up the occurrence of bags. Allergy and sinus problems can also exacerbate eye baggage.
The good news? There are some things you can do to make bags appear smaller.
- Placing cold tea bags, cucumbers, or a cold spoon on the area all work. It has to do mostly with the cold rather than the object. Green tea bags seem to work the best because they contain EGCG which is a natural anti inflammatory.
- Using Preparation H around the eye area will also provide a temporary fix. Just be very careful not to get it into your eyes!
- Injectables like Restylane and Juvederm are also used to treat bags. This is for a much longer lasting result.
- Last resort with the most lasting results is an eye lift.
- In the meantime, a great under eye concealer and highlighter will help hide those pesky bags.
Lorac Double Feature Concealer, $24
Meh, you’re gorgeous. Do whatever ya wanna do, you will anyways.
Oh, Kevin. You’re too kind. I haven’t undergone the knife or needle… yet. 😉 Just trying to help my girls out with those pesky bags. xx