A good friend of mine just moved to chilly New York from sunny Miami and she’s awfully nervous about the inevitable winter frost. Even though I’ve lived here for a few years now, I still don’t think my blood has thickened. It always comes as quite a shock as to how bitter cold it can get.
In hopes of not turning into a human Frosty the Snowman, I have compiled a list of winter essentials to help keep you warm and happy during the snowy season:
- First and foremost, you’re going to need a warm coat. Preferably one that does not look like a sleeping bag. Here’s a great option available on Bluefly.
- Next, you’re going to need some walking shoes to get you from Point A (your apartment) to Point B (the train/cab for all you bank rollers) to Point C (your destination).
- And now you’ll need to go ahead and accessorize- hat, gloves, scarf.
- Now that you’re all bundled up, you need to care care of what’s underneath as well. The chill can take a toll on your body and nobody looks cute with chapped lips and cracked skin.
- A warm cocktail can take the chill out of you after a long day. Try this delicious concoction:
Cocoa Raspberry Heaven
1 oz. plus 1 tsp. raspberry liqueur (Chambord’s nice)
1 oz. white crème de cacao
8 oz. hot chocolate
1 fresh raspberry (optional)
- Pour raspberry liqueur and white crème de cacao in a cappuccino mug.
- Add hot chocolate and stir.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Drizzle teaspoon of Chambord on top of the whipped cream.
- Top with a fresh raspberry.
- And lastly, the best thing to have to keep you warm during winter? A warm body!! There’s nothing I like better than a cozy cocktail, board games, and snuggling up and staying in. Luckily, I have my furry pal, Smitty. Unfortunately, he’s a great snuggler, but sucks at Scrabble- hence, I’m taking applications. Winter is the perfect time to couple up.
So as the temperatures continue to drop, at least you will be fully prepared to stay warm.