Tomorrow is the day we have all been salivating over. It’s going to be 84 degrees and sunny in New York City. Terraces, rooftops, lawns, and brunch spots are going to be swamped with sun worshippers. Shoot. You’re still Casper white and not quite ready for this summer-like heat. Have no fear, I have a few quick fixes!
- Self tanner (duh!)- There are SO many options out there for faking a tan. You can go fancy shmancy with Model Co.or pop into Duane Reade for a cheaper version. If you’re like me, you suck at the application of self tanner and always end up with wonky feet and hands. A girlfriend of mine suggests smoothing your regular daily lotion over feet and hands after applying tanner to prevent serious streakage.
- Sundress- Cheap and easy options available from Urban Outfitters to H&M to Target. If you aren’t ready (read: haven’t been to the gym in 6 months) to show off your gams, opt for a long maxi style.
- Sunglasses- You can pick up a pair of sunglasses on basically every street corner in Manhattan. Or you could pop into Forever21 and grab a cute cheap pair.
- Hat- Some might opt for the hat. This is great for bad hair days, protecting freshly colored hair, or roots that haven’t been touched up in a while. The straw fedora is still strong for summer.
- Sandals-Before you put on your sandals, do us a favor and polish your toenails. We know they’ve been neglected for the past few months, but now’s their time to shine. I love summer because there are so many cute flat styles of sandals. You can finally give your poor tired feet a break from heels!
- Sunscreen- Just because you have a “fake tan” doesn’t mean you don’t need protection from the sun. Slather on at least SPF 15 before heading outside. No need to wake up looking like a lobster.
- I bring my puppy everywhere. I feel like I’m missing a limb without him. So, if you feel the same way, don’t forget about that poor little guy. While many restaurants will ask if you want water for your pooch, some don’t. A travel water bowl is crucial for Fido! A cute bag doesn’t hurt either.
So enjoy your sunny Saturday! Don’t party too hard tonight so that you sleep in and miss the gorgeous day!
Leave A Comment