When my boyfriend and I first started dating, he was bewildered by the contents of my handbag. I had everything from lipgloss to 3-D glasses to a toothbrush to a Michelangelo Ninja Turtle action figure. I was like a boyscout, ready for anything. My bag weighed about a ton, but I had everything I needed.
Every girl should have a few certain essentials in her bag (Okay, maybe you don’t need the 3-D glasses, but they did come in handy one Saturday morning while watching I Love the 80’s). Here’s a list of some items that should be stashed in your bag:
- Mini hairbrush/comb (I have a comb because I like to back comb my hair)
- Nail polish remover. Better to have plain nails than chipped nails.
- Travel toothbrush and mini toothpaste. No one likes dragon breath.
- Clear nail polish. Double duty- for those nails of yours and also for snags in stockings.
- Mini bottle of lotion. No one likes dragon skin either. *Bonus- Multi-purpose oil.
- Double sided tape. Trust me.
- Spare bobby pins and rubber bands. Any bad hair day can be saved with the proper equipment.
- Lip gloss. Rosebud Salve. Can be used on lips, cuticles, and cheeks for shimmer.
- And for really seriously bad hair days, a mini flat iron.
Of course having a bag that can house all of your emergency goodies is half the battle. The best (most functional) bag I have ever owned is my Elezar Morgan Bag. It has plenty of pockets and nooks and crannies to store everything. It is also large enough to carry a laptop in! (Oh, and it’s really freaking cute).
These items are small so they shouldn’t make your bag too heavy. Remember to clean out your bag every once in a while to get rid of any unnecessary junk you’ve accumulated. And hey, a heavy bag is like an extra workout. Just switch shoulders from time to time in order to avoid getting a wonky gangsta lean.