Spring is officially here, so it’s time to overhaul your closets. Time to toss the sweaters and leggings (thank god) and get ready to show some skin. It’s time to stimulate our economy (it’s called being proactive). So what if Obama’s trying to take back everyone’s bonuses? Might as well look cute in the poorhouse.
- Leather jacket- Wear it with jeans and a tank or over a long maxi dress. Works with both and gives you an easy “I didn’t try too hard” look. (Don’t worry, if you’re feeling timid, you don’t have to go with black. Try a shade of grey or tan).
- Body Con dress- What have you been going to the gym for? Shed off those extra layers and show off your toned bod.
(Kill two spring birds with one stone with a one shoulder style)
(American Apparel always has these clingy little numbers. Good for a fast, cheap fix).
- Distressed Denim- Whether you choose shorts or jeans, this look can be dressed up and dressed down. It’s fun and effortless.
*Note: I am not condoning wearing ugly sandals with these. I recommend a sexy heel, or at least cuter sandals.
- Oversized T’s- As you know, one of my favorite things is T-shirts. These look especially fresh when sheer T-s are layered over neon under garments.
- Exotic accessories- Spice up your attire with snakeskins and croc.
- Tribal- Even if you can’t literally go trotting around the globe, you can look like you did.
- Full flirty skirts- You’ve been waiting to get some sun on those gams for months. No better way than with a girly full skirt. These look great in florals or ikat prints.
- Liberty prints- These are girly floral prints that aren’t too fussy. They are a good way for a “bad girl” to look a little more innocent (think Lolita).
- Feathers and Fringe- I think you all already know how I feel about fringe, but toss some feathers (whether literal or printed on) into the mix for a new twist.
- Romper/Jumpsuit- Probably the item(s) that I am most excited about wearing. It’s like wearing your pajamas, but cuter. **Warning: be sure to try on your romper/jumpsuit before purchasing. Not suitable for all body types, i.e., long waisted ladies.