There are two things about Valentine’s Day that go hand in hand… hearts and chocolate. Personally, I’m a fan of both, so I’m happy to share a way for you to combine them and delight yourself and those around you… okay, so maybe not your thighs. When home visiting my mom, we decided to whip up this tasty treat and to justify making fudge in mid January, I prefaced it by saying my readers would love this recipe and then came up with the brilliant idea of ditching the standard squares for happy little hearts. And if you think about it… this recipe could go on and on and on… bunnies for Easter, trees for Christmas, initials for engagements… If there’s a cookie cutter, there’s a way.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 12 oz (1 bag) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, salt, butter, and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook five minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour (with the help of a spatula) into a butter 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Smooth evenly and allow to cool.
- Use 1 inch heart shaped cookie cutter (eat your mistakes).
Now go fudge yourself.