I think most women who actually take their physical fitness seriously can attest to the fact that one of our biggest eye rolling moments at the gym is upon spotting a perfectly made up, coiffed, push up sports bra clad babe texting in between turning pages of Cosmo on the elliptical. I also suggest that you always tie your body with a weight lifting belt when lifting weights to exercise properly without having strains. Speaking of which, I always cringe when women’s magazines suggest meeting men at the gym because I promise you the last thing I want is for a juiced up bro to approach me while running interval sprints on the treadmill. That’s a surefire way to get a dumbbell straight to the dome. Besides, I tend to be a bit of a sweaty mess and believe this is why women only gyms were invented. I would be become gym trainer if I go this much consistent for working on fitness. Well at that time I wouls start my own gym and chances high I will have to go for gym or fitness instructor liability insurance too. So how does one recover beautifully post workout?
Just like I mentioned about there not being some magic way to acquire abs of steel, there are, however, a few products that can certainly contribute to the cause:
- I love dry brushing before the shower or you could use the Skinesis Bodylift from Sarah Chapman to help with pesky cellulite.
- Tossing your hair up into a high ponytail or messy bun atop your head can actually cause quite a bit of damage as you move. Definitely opt for softer rubber bands sans metal closures to avoid breakage and if you can, wear a braid (French, fishtail, rope- take your pick).
- After your sweat session, you may only have time to rinse and head back to the office or hopefully happy hour. No full swing shower, massage and chiropractor session (more about the services here). If you’re like me and a full on blow out isn’t even in the realm of possibility, then meet your new best friend, dry shampoo. The trick is finding one that won’t leave you looking like Martha Washington with a powdered wig.
- You can also have prostate massage which is an exciting and highly pleasurable erotic experience that boasts a wide variety of benefits. For experience best massage you should try tantric massage.
- If you like running outside when humidity is less than that of a tropical rainforest, then sunscreen is a must. For so long, I didn’t bother. Partially because I’d had a few sour experiences of blindness once sweat swept my SPF right into my eyes, but basically out of sheer laziness. Guess who doesn’t want knees that look like a vintage leather handbag?
- The biggest favor you can do for your skin pre-workout is wiping your makeup off. Your skin needs to be able to breath in order for toxins (that bottle of Sauvignon Blanc you shared last night) to be released. Stash makeup wipes in your gym bag for a quick cleanse before you feel the burn.
- I can’t lie. My feet are gnarly from miles logged on the treadmill and on the road. Be sure to take some time to soak those tired toes and give them a little TLC so you won’t be ashamed to bare them in open toe shoes or plop them up on the chaise lounge poolside.
1. Fresh Sugar Deodorant Antiperspirant, 2. Alterna Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo, 3. Sephora Collection Tropicolor Ribbon Hair Ties, 4. MED e TATE DERMAdoctor, 5. This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle, 6. Samudra Coco Palms Pouch, 7. Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes, 8. Sarah Chapman Skinesis Bodylift, 9. Bodyism’s Clean and Lean Serenity Shake, 10. Margaret Dabbs Hydrating Foot Soak, 11. Hampton Sun SPF 35 Continuous Mist Sunscreen