A couple of weeks ago, a friend sent me a message asking if it was, in fact, too soon to break out the winter scarf. Now, I’m a big fan of scarves, so my answer? “It’s really never too soon for a scarf.” Granted, you may look a little ridiculous when pairing a heavy winter weight scarf with a tank top and flip flops, but tucking a scarf in/on your bag for an evening out is always a great idea. There’s been quite a few instances where I’ve been caught off guard by a sudden nip in the air and felt lucky that I had a sunggly scarf to wrap around me. Now that it’s officially fall, scarves are fair game. So, let’s see how some of Hollywood’s stylish startlets are sporting their scarves:
1. Bajra Ombre Wool Scarf, $159, 2. La Garconne No. 6 Blanket Boot, $390, 3. Levi’s Military Jacket, $64, 4. Wet Seal Fashionista Skinny Jean, $19.50
1. River Island Loose Knit Snood, $26.19, 2. Elie Tahari Vanessa Draped Jacket, $276, 3. bebe Cold Shoulder Bodycon Pencil Dress, $69, 4. Giuseppe Zanotti Snake Print T-Strap, $595
1. Amicale Griffin Cashmere-Silk Fringed Scarf, $53, 2. Hard Tail Slouchy T-shirt, $49, 3. Fossil Carson Flap Crossbody, $118, 4. Forever 21 Magnified Readers, $6.80, 5. Free People High Waist Flare Jeans, $108
Snug as a bug in a rug.
In honor of Gossip Girl’s return to television, this week’s inspiration is brought to you by the letters S and B. Whether you’re team Serena or Team Blair, there’s no denying that these ladies have serious style. New York is one of the most magical places during the fall. I don’t know what exactly it is, but I think anyone who’s spent a fall in the Big Apple can attest to that special something that’s in the air. Now, I know Serena is taking the season off in sunny California, but I’m still channeling the sumptuous accessories that a city girl might add to her collection this fall- the perfect shoes, scarf, and clutch for catching cabs and ducking into the hot club du jour.
Scarf: Etro Printed Cashmere Scarf, $780
Shoes: Alexander McQueen Skull Embellished Suede Pumps, $1,195
Clutch: Mulberry Bayswater Metallic Textured Leather Clutch, $600
Three of my favorite looks from this week all have something in common. They are all great transitional outfits. As much as I hate to say it, summer is in its final stretch and fall is fast approaching. During this time of year, it’s always tricky trying to figure out what to put on– or take off. The weather is as temperamental as a woman with PMS and no M&M’s. The only way to get your look right during this time of year is by layering up. From Olivia Wilde’s cozy and casual look to Emma Stone’s red carpet Chanel Couture, these lovely ladies have mastered the art of layering and you can too by following these easy to put together layered looks (if you need a layering refresher course, click here):
1. All Saints Departed Hoodie, $67.50, 2. Mossimo Jersey Knit Maxi Skirt, $17.99, 3. Kashmere Blue Double Floral Print Cashmere Scarf, $138, 4. Forever 21 Cay Eye Sunglasses, $5.80
1. BCBG Emma Button Down Silk Chiffon Blouse, $168, 2. GYPSY 05 Carmen Twist Skirt, $99, 3. MICHAEL by Michael Kors Jenna Wedge Sandals, $145, 4. Staring at Stars Embellished Eternity Scarf, $32, 5. Elliot Lucca Millana Camera Snake Embossed Crossbody Bag, $64.90, 6. Urban Outfitters Tortoise Trim Aviator Sunglasses, $16
1. Matty M Pearl Metallic Crocheted Sequin Top, $43.99, 2. American Apparel Chiffon Full Length Skirt, $46, 3. M. Flynn Chandelier Cluster Earrings, $88, 4. Diane von Furstenberg Harper Evening Flap Shoulder Bag, $450, 5. Stuart Weitzman Nude Patent Daisy Pumps, $140.25
Keep cool. Stay hot.