You know what they say, “The grass is always greener on the other side.” I’d say this most commonly refers to relationships seeing as when we are in one, we’re curious about what else is out there. When we aren’t in one, we’re desperately trying to settle down and settle in. The upsides of being in a relationship are quite clear, but what about all the perks that come with rolling solo? It’s not such a bad thing, after all.
Ten things that do NOT suck about being single:
- It’s very difficult to argue with yourself. (Though it can be done).
- The toilet seat is always in the correct position and there’s no longer the chance of falling in during a middle of the night tinkle break.
- I don’t care. I do what I want!
- You can watch whatever the hell you want (whenever you want). Golden Girls? Gossip Girls? It’s your world, girl.
- Oh bikini waxes? Sorry.
- Do you know how good it feels to stretch out horizontally across your bed?
- You are no longer at risk of morning sex.
- The only person’s shit you have to clean up is your own (okay, and maybe your dog’s).
- You will not get fat from eating things that boys like to eat. Hello, Lean Cuisine!
- Girls’ night every night.
And while you may only be single temporarily, enjoy it. Cause it’s only a matter of time before someone is crowding your space, stealing your covers, and breathing in your face.
image via Open Europe