After bombarding you last week with bikinis and beach talk, I figured I should also lend a helping in hand in getting you bikini ready. Upping the cardio and general physical activity will help, but changing your diet a bit will help you gain faster results. Listen, I love pizza and pasta as much as the next girl, but even I had to come to terms with this.
I am by no means a “salad” girl (much to the chagrin of my lettuce producing dad), but after whipping up this delightful leafy mix this weekend, I was sold. This spinach, strawberry, grilled chicken concoction can convert even the most carb addicted. It’s light, delicious, and incredibly satisfying. Perfect for summer afternoons on the patio.
Spinach, Strawberry, Grilled Chicken Salad:
- Grilled chicken (I just used olive oil, Meyer’s lemon, and salt and pepper to season)
- Baby spinach
- Sliced almonds and/or pine nuts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- In a blender or food processor, mix olive oil, strawberries, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, tarragon and sugar. Blend until smooth.
You look slimmer already.
Bowls: Jonathan Adler, Stemless wine glasses, Riedel
Leave A Comment