On Saturday night, my dad made us delicious chicken and veggies on the grill. While that was awfully healthy, I was left craving something sweet for dessert. We headed to Nob Hill to pick up something and decided on some decadent chocolate pie. While, the pie certainly satisfied my sweet tooth, it was not nearly as delightful as a pie that my mom used to make. I immediately picked up the phone and demanded the recipe (okay, I just asked politely).
- 1/4 cup of Kahlua (or Godiva liqueur)
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 10-15 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies
- Large container of Cool Whip (you can use Lite – if you must)
- Place Kahlua and milk in a small bowl (wide enough to put a cookie in).
- Dip cookies in the the Kahlua/milk mixture quickly (so as not to get too soggy) and place in the bottom of a pie plate (use five to six cookies going around the outside and one cookie in the center).
- After all the cookies are placed inside the pan, use your fingers to crush cookies into a crust.
- Use half of the Cool Whip to cover the cookie crust.
- Repeat step two adding a second layer of cookies. (DO NOT crush the cookies this time!)
- Use the remaining Cool Whip to cover up the cookie layer.
- Crumble cookies or shave a chocolate bar on top for a little pizazz.
- Cover pie and place in freezer until ready to enjoy. Let sit about 10-15 minutes before devouring.
It’s easy. It’s delicious. You’re so, very welcome. You may need to do an extra 20 minutes on the elliptical to make up for it, but this pie is totally worth it.