During the winter it is easy to pack on the pounds and hide out like a fat walrus in a Snuggie until the sun comes out and the snow melts, but I wouldn’t advise doing so.
Here are five simple things you can do right now to make yourself feel more beautiful in that seemingly unending blizzard:
- Be a chameleon. Winter is a great time to give your hair a rest. No need to be a bleached blonde bunny in the middle of January. Test out a deeper hue for the winter. This is also a great time to do so because you won’t be spending nearly as much time in the sun (which will ruin your newly perfected color). Be sure to use color safe shampoo and conditioner.
- Shave! I know that’s probably the last thing you feel like doing. I mean, who sees your legs now anyway? And isn’t that extra hair keeping you warm? Well, shaving is a great way to exfoliate dry, itchy, winter skin. Besides, it is likely to make your mate want to snuggle closer.
- Give yourself a facial. Or better yet, invite your girlfriends over and make a party out of it. Need some recipes? Try these awesome WhyDid approved facials.
- Take a class. Becoming obese during the frosty cold will simply make it that much more difficult to slough off the extra poundage when summer finally arrives. Force yourself out of the house and join a fun group exercise class. Snowed in? Try an exercise DVD. My personal favorit is this one.
- Sleep on it. Night is the best time to slather on moisturizer (for both hair and skin). Get some heavy duty cream and apply it to feet and hands. Then cover up your fingers and toes with gloves and thick socks. As for your tresses? Apply a conditioner and leave it on over night for some deep therapy.
We’ve (by we, I mean you guys in the snow) only got a couple more months to go before the bikinis and sunscreen come out. Hang in there.
Sigh, the fugliness just goes on and on . . .
Just read about something called chai-yok or the v-steam. Is this what people do before vajazzling? Sigh – no wonder I’m not cool.
well, looks like we know what I’ll be googling this afternoon. I’ve never heard of either… guess I’m not so cool… xx
Sweet lord. Why. Won’t. She. Just. GO. AWAY?!