So, last night I decided it was time to finally clean out my closet (again). I mean, sure, I could have been dancing on the banquettes at Butter, but I figured this would be much more productive. Plus, I couldn’t find anything to wear.
I moved into a new apartment in June, so you would have thought that would take care of some of the extra clutter. Not so much.
I had been dreading this for so long, but after realizing that I hadn’t seen the floor to my bedroom in the last six months, I knew it was time. I was essentially living in a closet. I also noticed that I was late every single morning due to the sheer fact that I could NEVER find the piece of clothing I was actually looking for.
I’m figuring there are some of you out there who also are due for a little closet cleanse, so I’ve compiled a little list of helpful tips:
- When is the last time you wore it? Seriously… If you can’t remember, it’s time to pitch it.
- If there are holes (other than arms, legs, and neck), chuck it.
- Your ex bought it for you? Buh-bye.
- Sequins. Gone.
- Does it even still fit? No? Well, then either get to the gym or toss it.
- If you wouldn’t want your friends to see it, burn it.
- If it looks like something Donna wore on the original 90210, time to go.
- Midriff baring? Outta here.
- Still has tags on it and you bought it 2 years ago? It was clearly a poor purchase.
- Your niece has the same thing in pink? Adios.
- And lastly, if you don’t love it, it’s merely taking up precious (especially if you live in NY) space in your closet. Make room for something you really love.
I feel like a whole new woman now that my cloest has been cleansed.
*Note: this is not my actual closet. I only WISH mine were that big.