Ugh. There is nothing more embarrassing than a huge red pulsating pimple on your pretty face. A nasty zit can ruin anybody’s day (unless, of course you’re Rudolph and no one will notice). The first thing you probably feel like doing is going after your blemish like Saddam Hussein hiding in that hole. However, you need to resist the urge. Squeezing and squishing can lead to even more swelling and redness, not to mention, if popped improperly, you can actually push the infection further back into your skin. Ick.
Here are five home remedy quick fixes for zapping a zit:
- Before bed and after washing your face apply a dab of toothpaste (paste, not gel) on the problem area. Wash off the next morning and notice the pimple’s diminished size.
- After getting the gunk off your face, apply lemon juice with a cotton ball as a “toner” and then wash off. For more concentrated use, dab lemon juice on the pimple and leave over night.
- Crush up aspirin in a bowl, add a few drops of warm water and aloe vera or honey to create a paste. Apply to face and leave on for fifteen minutes before washing off.
- Wrap an ice cube in a washcloth and apply to the pimple for 20-30 seconds at a time. Repeat every so often to reduce the swelling and redness of the pimple.
- Applying honey to the problem area will kill the bacteria and clear up the skin. Leave on over night.
Hopefully, one of these handy remedies will rid you of that nasty mess. Remember, do not touch your pimple. The less you touch it, the better. Believe it or not, your hands are dirty! If all else fails, pick up a great concealer, like Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Concealer, $28.
pimples = face terrorists