This week I had the pleasure of heading back to my favorite city, New York City. Being here has made me realize there is certainly a reason (or at least ten) it trumps anywhere else (ahem- talking to you Los Angeles). Here’s a shortened list of all the reasons I love NY (and you should too):
- A pair of fake boobs won’t get you too far.
- When you ask people a question here, they actually know what they’re talking about. If they don’t know the answer, they’ll tell you as opposed to blowing smoke up you’re a**.
- A mass transit system that is efficient and people actually use it.
- You can get anything you want. Anytime. Anywhere.
- No need for a car. Consider taxi drivers your personal chauffeurs.
- Women here are naturally beautiful… and smart.
- The fashion. The clothes. The shopping. People don’t look like rejects from Millionaire Matchmaker.
- There is a sense of camaraderie. They may hate those from the “bridge and tunnel” set, but they sure do love each other.
- Culture. There’s art, museums, theater, and history.
- People in NY know what they want. There’s no changing your mind when you get the front of the line at Starbucks.
All hail the Big Apple.