As we cruised down the PCH on our way to spend the afternoon in the sun in Malibu, it occurred to me that packing for a day at the beach is no “day at the beach.”
There is a lot of preparation that needs to be done before you spend the rest of the day lounging and laughing. From shaving and exfoliating all the right places to making sure you didn’t leave something behind, here’s a quick checklist to have you on the road in no time!
- Sunscreen– I would recommend at least SPF 30 for a full day of fun and sun. Don’t forget to reapply after frolicking in the surf. No one wants to spend Monday morning lubing up in aloe.
- The Essentials– No need to cover yourself in product, but be sure to smooth on some nourishing lotion like Kiehl’s. Lipgloss and mascara (waterproof) add a little polish to your face. Don’t forget your sunglasses and hat to guard yourself from crow’s feet and excessive sun exposure to your money maker.
- Extra pair of pantalones– Sitting around in a wet bathing suit is bad for your little girl down below. Be sure to pack some extra underwear to slip into when you’re done with the waves. You’ll thank me later.
- Sweater– When the sun goes down, so do the temperatures and just in case you haven’t secured a cutie to keep you warm, you’re going to want to throw on something cozy.
- Camera– You don’t want to forget those fun memories spent by the sea. Who doesn’t love tagging themselves on Facebook so everyone will be super jeal of your fab weekend?
- Host/hostess gift– It’s always in good taste to bring a little somethin’ somethin’ for your host. I brought wine and bubbles. I don’t see why not.
Packing right is a surefire way to make sure you can ride off into the sunset without a care in the world.