It’s winter and it’s cold and the holidays are over, so basically the only things to look forward to are either a vacation or summer. Below are ten little things that you can do right now to get you out of your mid winter slump:
- Put a sachet in your lingerie drawer. I swear by it. My boyfriend always comments on how nice I smell.
- Bleach your teeth. Sounds incredibly vain, but it will instantly brighten your face and is proven to make you look younger. Try Crest WhiteStrips or Go Smile.
- Belt out your favorite song at the top of your lungs (extra points if you do this while jumping on the bed in your underwear).
- Take a bath. Fill up the tub with yummy products, light a candle, and turn off your phone.
- Put on your best underwear. Even if no one is going to see it, you’ll know you’re wearing it and you’ll just feel sexy.
- Get a pedicure (or give yourself one). Use a bright, cheery vacation color or your favorite color from the summer to remind you of those sunny days.
- Volunteer. Doing something for someone else who is less fortunate will always give you a new perspective on things.
- Fake a summer glow. Either go to your local tanning salon and get a spray tan or try it yourself at home. I am a big fan of Model Co. Tan in a Can.
- Make a fruity summer cocktail. Have some girlfriends over and sip on a Bikini Martini and reminisce. Nothing cheers you up like a little girl time.
- Read a juicy beach novel. If you can’t be out causing trouble and caught up in a scandalous love triangle of your own, get caught up in someone else’s. One of my favorite beach reads, Trading Up, Candace Bushnell’s first (and in my opinion, best) novel.