When we needed to get all dolled up for the WhyDid photoshoot, we called in makeup artist, Stephanie Peterson, to get us camera ready. Below she tells us a little bit about herself and shows us a demo of how to get a sexy smokey eye. (Hope you really like staring at my face).
In case you couldn’t follow along with the video, here is Stephanie’s “how to” tips:
- Cover your bases: keep your eyebrows in check, use a base for shadow, and pop in color on your lips.
- Start with a neutral color all over the lid.
- Put liner on the inside of the lash line to make lashes look thicker.
- Use darker shadow right above the crease of the lid.
- Leave lid “play area” open to add a pop of color later.
- Blend, blend, blend. The key to a smokey eye is blending.
- You can always go back and add more drama after blending.
- Use loose powder under the eye to catch any stray shadow. Sweep away when finished.
- Top off your smokey eye with liner and mascara (make sure to blend!).
- Look beautiful.
- Break hearts.
Okay, so I threw in the last two. To get more advice from our beauty expert, Stephanie, or to book her for your next event/shoot check out her website: http://www.stephanienyc.com
Remember: where there’s smoke, there’s fire.