So, part of my job as an event planner is to put out hypothetical “fires” when and if they arise. When I overheard two gentleman at one of my events last night discussing taking the floral arrangements home to their wives, I knew I had to step in. So, after I explained that NOTHING good can come out of bringing your wife or girlfriend secondhand flowers, the conversation took a turn toward gift town. We started talking anniversary and these lovely gentleman didn’t know that there are traditional themes to inspire a gift for each year you’re married.
Here are the main years you need to know:
- 1st – Paper – I’m going with plane tickets to a fab vacation.
- 2nd – Cotton – Pratesi linens for the bedroom.
- 3rd – Leather – I believe a handbag is leather, no?
- 4th – Silk – gorge nightgown or beautiful silk robe with her monogram
- 5th – Wood – Yikes! Perhaps a ski trip in a “rustic” resort? By rustic I mean 5 star…
- 10th – Tin or Aluminum – maybe a new car?!
- 15th – Crystal
- 20th – China – yes…a trip to China counts.
- 25th – Silver
- 30th – Pearls
- 35th – Coral – might I suggest snorkeling someplace amazing?
- 40th – Ruby
- 45th – Sapphire
- 50th - Gold
- 55th – Emerald
- 60th+ – DIAMOND
Ladies – send this link to your man immediately!! If sending a print screen of a Tiffany’s add with my engagement ring to my bf didn’t work wonders…I wouldn’t be here today!
Lady Malkin’s Tip of the Week: Ladies, there’s nothing wrong with being explicit. Tell your mate exactly what it is that you’d like. Gentlemen, listen to your lady. She’s probably dropping hints left and right!